Sulky, velky or proslide?

Discussion in 'Lawn Mowing' started by dg37615, Jul 11, 2009.

1. newtostone

newtostone LawnSite Senior Member
    from NY

I think the better unit is a two wheeled velke that stay directly behind the mower, sorry I don't know what its called I have seen them tho. I do run a pro slide and love it as we only use the walk behinds for tricky areas where we are on and off quite a bit and love the auto retract.

2. 36metro

36metro LawnSite Member

that proslide sounds great for my 36 metro walk behind. I was worried about trying to stay on a velke when going on really tight turns or around a tree with low branches, etc.

Where's the best place to get a proslide...price wise.?

3. C.Meece

C.Meece LawnSite Member
    from KY

I dont know 36 Ive been looking for one used and its really hard to find you can order them from novae industries for 400

4. Hawkshot99

Hawkshot99 LawnSite Bronze Member

I would not put one behind a Metro. The transmissions are not as strong as a hydro, for pulling weight. With the pro slide there are no wheels to help it along.

5. Supper Grassy

Supper Grassy LawnSite Bronze Member

i have a snapper 36" with a 2 wheel scratch and dent sulky. works great! very stable

6. greenman92

greenman92 LawnSite Member

Proslide is really nice and faster! it moves out of the way automatically to reverse. It doesnt take hardly any power either.

7. STIHL GUY

STIHL GUY LawnSite Fanatic
    from CT

i sold my sulky because i would rather walk but if i were to buy a new one i would definitly get a casterwheel or a proslide

8. AffordablelawncareMi

AffordablelawncareMi LawnSite Member

does a proslide get in the way of the gear shift on a belt drive wb when it is up?
    Posted via Mobile Device

9. greenman92

greenman92 LawnSite Member

well i used a Deere G15 and it was close but didnt get in the way.

10. salvagedrover

salvagedrover LawnSite Member

I've used and worked on proslides for over a decade now, and for the money, hands-down, they're better than anything out there. The glide over holes, rocks, and roots. You can ride them up curbs. They are always behind the controls, they fold up automatically and down easily. The springs, shocks, and wear plate last quote a while, are easy to replace, and relatively inexpensive. No jack-knifing. No grease. No flats. And AWESOME striping, what more could you ask for for a $400 investment? Buy some extra mounts for all of your mowers, and if one is down, it's a hitch pin-pull away from completely coming off the mower and going onto the next. I own 4 and love them.

Last edited: Sep 1, 2016