Sulky, velky or proslide?

Discussion in 'Lawn Mowing' started by dg37615, Jul 11, 2009.

1. barclay berberian

barclay berberian LawnSite Member

I only saw the xt version .paid 375 brand new on ebay. Not sure if there are dealers here or not

2. salvagedrover

salvagedrover LawnSite Member

That’s where I always see it. There’s a place called mulligans that has the cheapest price for a hydro-gear trans my Lesco/Spyker ride-on spreader needs, but I don’t know that they’d have proslides. On a bit of a side note, husqvarna bought the rights to the proslide, so if anyone needs parts for any proslide, go to partstree.com and look under husqvarna.

hort101 and Doc8406 like this.
  3. salvagedrover

$375 shipped for a new one?? That’s really good! I see them for $450 or so plus shipping, but you got a steal my friend, I’d buy two at that price! The first generation proslides cost more than that! Good catch my friend!

hort101 likes this.
  4. barclay berberian

So after 2 or so weeks (maybe 3) very pleased with the proslide. It has cut my labor and fatigue down a lot. Leaf season was starting to take it's toll on me and the proslide helped with that it pretty much does everything stated in the advertisements. Couple of issues. 1. When dirty with leaf debris it does not want to fold up properly when stepping off and back on. I know this to be a safety feature. 2. On my snapper pro it is not too easy to remove and reinstall because the way the snapper pro team is (the install pin is not far enough off the frame for easy removal). Both of these issues very minor considering it has improved my land speed!

hort101 likes this.
  5. salvagedrover

How often do you actually need to remove it from the mower realistically? Can you quickly blow off the proslide before you put the mower away? How is it getting clogged up exactly, what kind of debris is it, and it is between the wear plate and diamond plate? I don’t know where it would build up to impede the natural movement of the proslide. I’m curious now, lol :)

hort101 likes this.
  6. barclay berberian

Hi there! So realistically not sure when I will need to remove it unless I have to park the mower on the trailer sideways then I will because I have a 5 foot wide trailer. Yes if you blow off the proslide all works great .It is mostly when I am mulching leaves that it gets dirty. I think it is around the little brass thing on top.

Doc8406 and hort101 like this.
  7. salvagedrover

I see. Well, I’m sure you’ll be happy with it overall for the time you own it!

barclay berberian likes this.
  8. barclay berberian

Yes .Very happy so far! Thanks for all the help!