Lawn Care Forum banner

Sulky

4K views 10 replies 10 participants last post by  PJ Binder 
#1 ·
Has anyone used the pro-slide sulky? The one with the platform that slides along the grass. How does it work? How long do the plastic plates last? Does it effect the striping on the lawn? Durabilty of the rest of the unit? Springs etc.

Would it make $ence to go with a walk behind with one of these sulkies vs. a rider? I have a 60" Lazer already.
Thanks Jeff

#6 ·
As chefdrp said, I have one and I really like it. It rides smooth, keeps you behind the controls and at ground level, no flat tires ever, and perhaps the best part is the versatility of it- ride when you want, walk when you need to for steep hills and tight areas. IMO, a 48 or 52" hydro walk behind and a Proslide would compliment a 60" Z well. Yes it greatly increases striping action and you can drive it over hard surfaces but I don't ride on hard surfaces for long stretches. Crossing a driveway or sidewalk is fine. After using a two wheel trailing type previously, i can say that I like the Pro much better. Takes a little while to get used to it but once you are you are most effecient with it and won't have to step off much but it saves time when you do because you don't have to unhook it as with a conventional sulky.

Glan, it would be nice if you knew what you were talking about :rolleyes: No turf damage whatsoever. Actually there is much less because the weight is spread out sooo much more that there is less stress on the individual blades of grass and no rutting at all. It has to be at least 3 times easier on the lawn than you walking on it. Even on the thin lawns on wet days, it does not tear or pull grass. If you've had these problems I'd say you were standing way too far forward on it and digging in with the front of it.

Tire Wheel Car Vehicle Automotive tire

#10 ·
Originally posted by FrankenScagMachines
After using a two wheel trailing type previously, i can say that I like the Pro much better. Takes a little while to get used to it but once you are you are most effecient with it and won't have to step off much but it saves time when you do because you don't have to unhook it as with a conventional sulky.

Glan, it would be nice if you knew what you were talking about :rolleyes: No turf damage whatsoever. Actually there is much less because the weight is spread out sooo much more that there is less stress on the individual blades of grass and no rutting at all. It has to be at least 3 times easier on the lawn than you walking on it. Even on the thin lawns on wet days, it does not tear or pull grass. If you've had these problems I'd say you were standing way too far forward on it and digging in with the front of it.
Stepping off and unhooking: I have used Velke and 6 other brands over the years, you don't step off them much at all. Unhooking a Velke you do not have to do, you can chain it up if need be.

Disrespecting your peers like that, BOY you are BIG headed. Your lack of manners and experience shows true now.

Turf damage; every time you walk on the grass you damage it, how evident it is is how much it shows. Like cutting stressed turf when real dry, where ever you bend the grass, it will show. YOU don't know it all KID.

Basing all your experiences off of "USED/ABUSED" equipment like your ungodly creation of a sulkie and the used proslide you have just shows how intelligent you really are.

What I can't believe is the sponsors of this site let you continue to comment and bash their products with your experiences in making similar from junk in your garage or buying someone else's junk/used/headache stuff.

I can't believe they let this mockery continue.

For the proslide, can't ride it on pavement has no wheels to drive it down the street, I can't use it.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.