• Landscape Lighting Design: Bright Ideas
    With outdoor spaces more popular than ever, lighting these landscapes may be your next opportunity. Click here to learn more.

Sulkys of Sliders breaking mounts?

PROCUT1

LawnSite Platinum Member
Anybody had problems with their sulkys or pro-slides ripping through or bending where they mount to the machine? If yes, how did you solve the problem? Wanna know if maybe mine were mounted wrong. Had the problem on 2 machines so far.

MOW ED

LawnSite Fanatic
I sold the Murray. J/K

I have a proslide and its mounted on the Toro WB. I have never had any problems with metal tearing. What kind of machine are you having problems with?
In any case you could get some thicker stock flat bars and bolt in for a quick fix or reinforce the whole works with a welded in plate.

sgreanbean

LawnSite Member
mine did that on a toro 52" wb, i did what the said and welded some stock on each side and drilled the holes after, worked fine

Turfcutters Plus

LawnSite Senior Member
My pro-slide works good on my 36''toro hydro with 15hp kohler.I weight 175 lbs.Shock absorber has lost a little use though.I might put on a spring to help it back.I've had it 3/4 of a season.I love the split second alternative to ride on small properties,and gated yards.I'm glad i bought one.My turfrider sulky sits in garage for now.I'll still use it again.I'd just re-enforce your unit as needed also.:cool:

FrankenScagMachines

LawnSite Platinum Member
Yeah, on every sulky I’ve owned thus far, the mounting bolts for the sulky hitch plate always seem to work themselves loose. I’ve used lock washers, lock nuts (nylon insert/aka nyloc), they all wiggle loose. I might just tighten them up good then put a tack weld on the nuts of the bolts so they can’t come loose again haha. Then if I ever needed to take them off the weld would just break with a twist of a wrench or grind it off quickly. Never tore the metal itself though and I’m pretty hard on things.

OP
PROCUT1

PROCUT1

LawnSite Platinum Member
thanks for the replies...that is the fix im gonna use. were running bobcat w/b s and they have very little overhang on the back of the frame.