1. Can’t make it to the GIE+EXPO 2017?
    LawnSite brings the trade show floor to your fingertips with our new GIE+EXPO 2017 Sneak Peek video series debuting now in the Lawn Mowing forum.

Dismiss Notice

Sulky's on 21" mowers

Discussion in 'Lawn Mowing' started by alpine692003, Sep 29, 2004.

1. alpine692003

alpine692003 LawnSite Bronze Member

Damn, I was going through the www site of jungle jim's and I saw those sulkys / stand-on platforms for the mowers.. I was thinking hmmm..

Any of oyu guys have a platform on your 21" mower?

I might order one and try it out, lol.. OH YA, I have a 21" honda commercial 216 mower!

:rolleyes: :rolleyes: :rolleyes:

2. ReckordGeneralMaintenance

ReckordGeneralMaintenance LawnSite Member

are you crazy :blob3:

3. alpine692003

alpine692003 LawnSite Bronze Member

Why ??? :rolleyes:

4. walker-talker

walker-talker LawnSite Platinum Member
    from Midwest

Not that it would, but doubt a 21" mower would pull ya around and if it did, how long do you think you could go without having mechanical failures? Anyway, normally a 21" is used for areas that are small and tight where a sulkey would not fit anyway.

5. John Gamba

John Gamba LawnSite Fanatic
    from ct

If you drink more :cool2: You can get a seat on it Too :cool2:

John

6. crawdad

crawdad LawnSite Bronze Member

Those Honda's will barely pull themselves around without self-destucting the gears inside the drive. Mine was fixed twice, then I put it on a shelf and quit using it.
    Crawdad

7. dishboy

dishboy LawnSite Fanatic
    from zone 6

Are you talking about the commercial. I have 10 & 12 years on mine and have never had a single problem? How are the unloaded?

8. cward

cward LawnSite Member

Hey Alpine, Give it a try. Efficiency, efficiency, efficiency. If I could save a walking throughout the day that might equal more production at the end of the day. I think my exmark metro would pull it just fine...if not...it's still under warranty.
    If you get it, let us know how it works out. Good luck.