Lawn Care Forum banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

· Registered
2,474 Posts
company i work for is actually pretty busy...already booking work into Jan./Feb. which is nice...they laid off guys last winter for the first time in 30 years..doesn't look like they will have to do it this year hopefully....for my sake too...i need that 3 weeks of work during my winter break haha

· Registered
2,474 Posts
Some contractors are even having the biggest year ever this year. I have even got 4 nice sized jobs lined up, and I only dig in my spare time.
i have heard that a lot...a local plaster company hired a whole mess of new employees this summer to keep up, a well driller we do work with just bought a new $500,000 rig because they are swamped with work so he had to hire 3 more guys too, stone masons are having a stellar year...depends on your client-el, but things are not nearly as bad now as they were at this time last year....i see them only getting better, especially after the election is over

· Registered
2,474 Posts
The company that owns the mine wants to produce lots of product with the least amount of employees so they push the employees they have to do the work of 2 people.
hmmmm thats funny...to me that sounds like a typical way of running a company...companies don't exist to serve as a charity to their employees...if you don't like it, leave...if you don't like the area, leave...if you want to better yourself go out and get some form of education...whether it be night school or some form of an associates degree...your not one for kissing ass and neither am i, but for some reason i always thought that those type of people dont complain either...if i don't like something i change it...i could never have someone sign my paychecks for the rest of my life...thats why when i get my license i am out on my own...get off the couch and do something

· Registered
2,474 Posts
GR Thats why the owners of these big companies need to run efficently and lean. The gov takes all there money so they need to make alot of it.
heres the deal with the govt...i heard this on another site and i thought it was funny...

so a contractor from Kentucky bids a job for a new fence around the white house , he takes measurements and says "$900....$100 for profit, $400 for labor, $400 for materials"...a contractor from Delaware says after he takes a bunch of measurements "$700...$100 for profit, $300 for material and $300 for labor"...the contractor that bids from Jersey says without measurement to the white house project manager "$2700"...the PM says, "you didn't even take a single measurement, how can you give me that price?"...the contractor says "$1000 for me, $1000 for you and we hire the Delaware guy for $700"....the white house guy says "deal"....and thats how the government works

1 - 4 of 4 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.