Sunday mowing or wait until Monday?

OP
R

Ready to Mow

LawnSite Gold Member
Being solo you can’t write the day off at 1:30..
My one truck broke down the other day- I was still full swing by noon, had to dump some money Into truck, but it paid for itself, long day yes but that’s the industry

Funny how everyone has a different opinion, I have a buddy in the industry also that points at his watch when he drives by if it's past 6:30. lol I've been known to start at noon and work until 8:30 of course it's almost 10 by the time I get back home. I'm not sure why he does that, who cares, working late into the evening is way better than starting at 7 or 8. It's not like I have a wife, gf or dog waiting for me at home I've also started at 9 and worked until 8:30 but I don't do that often because it just means i'm going to get off to a late start the next day.

JLSLLC

LawnSite Fanatic
Funny how everyone has a different opinion, I have a buddy in the industry also that points at his watch when he drives by if it's past 6:30. lol I've been known to start at noon and work until 8:30 of course it's almost 10 by the time I get back home. I'm not sure why he does that, who cares, working late into the evening is way better than starting at 7 or 8. It's not like I have a wife, gf or dog waiting for me at home I've also started at 9 and worked until 8:30 but I don't do that often because it just means i'm going to get off to a late start the next day.
I guess if it works for you... I just got done for the day. Tomorrow will be a light day, just how I like Mondays.

Dirtguy

LawnSite Member
Mowing residential on the weekends sucks. Everyone is home and if you are not interrupting whatever it is they are doing they want to visit, cars are in the way, etc. During the week while they are at work is much better. If you normally mow these places on Saturday I guess Sunday wouldn’t be much different but I would avoid the weekend all together. If you need to work more than five days per week try and knock out commercial places that are closed on the weekend.

Top Forums