Sunglasses

Greensmith33547

LawnSite Member
Hope this is the correct forum for this.... I have always purchased polarized Pugs from my local convenience store for around $20-$25 per pair. I get at most 2-3 months use, they break and I buy a new pair. I really want good polarized sunglasses that can put up with the stress of mowing everyday, or that offer a good warranty. I really like the style of wayfarer type frames. What does everyone use? I would prefer to at most spend $100 on them.

Valk

LawnSite Platinum Member
IMO, sunglasses need to be tried on due to the variety of facial structures we all have. I hate having too big of a gap at the bottom...AND I hate it when the glasses touch my face in this same area. Comfort is key.

AlohaMowing

LawnSite Senior Member
I wear safety glasses. In addition to flying objects (I have had ricochets hit my face) I mow around trees and don't want a branch in my eye.

I have used various brands, usually tinted neutral gray and not polarized, but recently picked up a pair of polarized Dewalt brand safety glasses at Lowes for about $31. Within 5 weeks the polarizing film was peeling off -- from reviews on various sites this appears to be a problem with a significant number, but not all -- so I returned them. But they were so comfortable that I am giving them a second chance. I've only used the second pair for less than 2 weeks so I am not prepared to pass final judgement.

But I agree with Valk, they need to be comfortable, and that means being able to try them before buying. Or at least being able to try them on outside the store and immediately return them if not a good fit.

Valk

LawnSite Platinum Member
Being more specific: I'm referring to SAFETY GLASSES -

Bfish

LawnSite Member
I'm on year 3 with Costa (840 plastic or something like that), nose pad is gone (non-warranty item) though. Lenses is still clear, although has a few pits (don't affect vision though). Chums straps help keep them from getting damaged by misplaced or sitting on them.

T Total Lawncare

LawnSite Bronze Member
Oakley Ballistic M Frame. Good enough for the Military good enough for mowing. These were standard issue in the Middle East. I really like uninterrupted edges on my sunglasses.

50AB8F1F-0BEA-4966-AD5E-76F4E8C4FFA5.jpeg