1. Can’t make it to the GIE+EXPO 2017?
    LawnSite brings the trade show floor to your fingertips with our new GIE+EXPO 2017 Sneak Peek video series debuting now in the Lawn Mowing forum.

Dismiss Notice

super lawn trucks reviews?

Discussion in 'Trucks and Trailers' started by BrandonV, Mar 4, 2012.

1. muddywater

muddywater LawnSite Bronze Member

Did you get the truck? I have had an slt before, and i was not impressed with the ramp. Mine was the double folding. I would much rather have the one piece with the slight box dovetail. I am just as happy with a dovetail for 5k less.

I think the debri dumper has got to be awesome. Even for guys without walkers. I know my guys spend 15 minutes everyday cleaning out the box trucks. I might try to build one for my next box truck set up. Got any pics?

2. BrandonV

BrandonV LawnSite Platinum Member

Ordered a mitfuso, will be here next month. Got the single piece ramp, 16' box and large 5yd dumper. Going to be a big truck but i think itll work for us.

3. sildoc

sildoc LawnSite Silver Member

How is it working out and what did you end up paying for it?

4. tnmtn

tnmtn LawnSite Bronze Member
    from NE Tn.

How does the side dump do with heavier stuff like dirt and smaller rock? What is it's weight capacity?

5. ed2hess

ed2hess LawnSite Fanatic

Why are these so tall.....couldn't they cut a foot or more off height. The seem a lot taller than a closed trailer am I wrong.

6. BrandonV

I believe it dumps 2000# but I'm not sure, we bought it for debris so it won't be loaded down with stone etc... it's not a dump truck but for ops that bag clipping (like us) it'll find lots of use.

In terms of height I'd say its the same as a normal box truck. It'll be taller than a trailer simply because it's above the axles and not between (deck-over)

In terms of do we like it, yes we do very much. We actually went back to the folks at slt and bought a used one that I saw on the lot when I picked this one up. The new unit should be delivered friday and will be going to our construction division.

slt.jpg

7. BrandonV

Here's their photo of our "new" used one. I also want to point out that I love the fuel tanks, with our construction crew we'd haul around several diesel 5gal cans and a clear gas. no more! think of all that floor space:dizzy:

MVC-302S.JPG

8. Marek

Marek LawnSite Bronze Member

See you went with the side door also. Hows you mpg working out ?

9. BrandonV

i believe its getting about 12, also had them install a side door on the "new" one but without the steps

10. LawnGuy110

LawnGuy110 LawnSite Bronze Member

I have heard good and bad...I personally do not have one but all the landscapers around here that I have talked to that have one all love em