1. Missed the live Ask the Expert event?
    Catch up on the conversation about enhanced efficiency fertilizers with the experts at Koch Turf & Ornamental in the Fertilizer Application forum .

Dismiss Notice

Super Z or Super Z HT for bagging?

Discussion in 'Hustler Turf Equip (Archived)' started by wolbbf, Jun 25, 2009.

1. wolbbf

wolbbf LawnSite Member
    from Iowa

I am looking at getting a SZ 66 31 kawa and a bagger. I read the Super Z HT was good for bagging. Which one should I get? Will the HT be better? I do not have many hills to deal with. Thank you.
    Posted via Mobile Device

2. mowerconsultant

mowerconsultant LawnSite Fanatic
    Male, from Syracuse, NY

This is going to depend on whether your catching all the time or just seasonally or for specific accounts.
    The HT isn't available in the 66" only in the 31/60 or 30/60.
    If your using it full time then I would go with a HT, but your going to have to go down to a 60" deck.

Pj

3. wolbbf

wolbbf LawnSite Member
    from Iowa

I will be bagging 80 percent of the time. Will I burn out the hydros on the SZ? What would be the pros and cons of each for this application? I like the ground speed of the SZ but I want to be smart about my purchase. Thank you PJ
    Posted via Mobile Device

4. Keith

Keith LawnSite Gold Member

Doh! I just read this and found out what I want, they don't make. I had narrowed it down to buying another 60" Super Z, but this time in the HT model. I just found out about the HT a few months back, and decided it would be perfect since we do so many homes on hills. Now you ruin it for me and say you can't get an HT with the 28 EFI :( Man, that blows. Back to square one.

You don't have a C.O.P.O. ordering system like Chevrolet had back in the 60's, do ya Pj? LOL. Where special dealers could order stuff that doesn't really exist in the order guide :D Seriously, that was going to be my next mower.

5. mowerconsultant

Male, from Syracuse, NY

The added weight and stress on the drive system of bagging that much, I would suggest the HT for sure.

Pj

6. mowerconsultant

Male, from Syracuse, NY

Unfortunately it can't be ordered that way.

7. Keith

Please ask them to consider this model in the future. Unless there is some inherent reason why the 28 Kohler would not work.

8. mowerconsultant

Male, from Syracuse, NY

I will let the guys know that need to see this.

Pj

9. Keith

Good deal. I appreciate it.

10. Imow4u2

Imow4u2 LawnSite Senior Member

my dealer told me this afternoon that E.F.I. is now a special order, an u must get 4 at a crack to qualify for free freight..