Lawn Care Forum banner

supercuts pics- moving pirate ship

83K views 228 replies 57 participants last post by  supercuts 
#1 ·
just a few pics of things. check back and ill ad some more over time. first is moving a pirate ship. next is one of 2 shops. it highlights the ease of changing blades. all you need is a lift. why all the fuss about difficulty? then is shop 2 working on a $1500 bronco

Plant Wheel Tire Vehicle Tractor

Wheel Motor vehicle Floor Engineering Gas

Vehicle Automotive tire Motor vehicle Tread Asphalt

Wheel Tire Vehicle Hood Automotive tire

See less See more
#10 ·
I have been looking to get a nice 2 post lift like that for our shop I think it would come in very handy for multiple purposes.

#15 ·
here is a good example of knowing when things are too much for you. hanging over the house and the lines was enough for me to call it quits. i had contemplated dropping some limbs then towing it over. smarts got the best of me.

Sky Plant Leaf Window Tree

#16 ·
this old 84' kubota got me going. this little 16hp tractor was unbelievable. it had a backhoe, tiller, 4' brush hog and more. the brush hog would cut down trees bigger than my arm. it made some money.

Wheel Tire Automotive tire Vehicle Locking hubs

Tire Wheel Car Land vehicle Vehicle

#17 ·
can anyone guess how many squares this roof took including the attached garage. if give you a hint, its not what it looks. there is also a wing off the back of the house. this is the most fun anyone can have.

Sky Building Plant Tree Land lot

Sky Window Plant Building House

#18 ·
another toy. we bought this a year ago, 7/1/08. it still doesnt work and hasnt since ive bought it. the dealer has had it since 7/6/09 and yesturday, 8/1/09 the told me they cant figure out whats wrong with it and they are in touch with mercury techs trying to figure it out. what a waste. right now im fighting with suntracker over the $5k my boat has depreciated the $1000 plus im out of pocket trying to have it fixed and that doest include days off from work. what a nightmare! BOAT= Be Out Another Thousand

Wheel Automotive tire Tire Vehicle Motor vehicle

#19 ·
and this is the reason i stuck with landscaping over a good paying job. because i make as much and get to take off time to spend with my family.this year the have been a bunch of these days

Water Photograph World Vertebrate Green

#20 ·
and this is behind the garages out back. there are some jumps out back and a very small loop for my bike. they were here from the last owner, it was icing on the cake for me.

the 2nd is senior year shop class in 1996. what a sad looking bunch

Plant Tree Natural landscape Wood Terrestrial plant

Attachments

#21 ·
how did you start out in this business? What equipment did you use?

#23 ·
Nice set up!! I really like your shops.

If you don't mind me asking what is wrong with your merc. on the boat?? I used to work in a boat yard. PM me.

#25 ·
how did you start out in this business? What equipment did you use?
thats a long story. at 12 my friend and i decided to cut grass together, we each had our fathers 21" push mowers. mine had a bagger, my buddies didnt. the first and only lawn we got the first year needed to be bagged. my buddy never got a mower with a bagger. at 13 i picked up 2 more. at 14 i used the money i saved to buy a used bolens riding mower 38" i think. at 16 i bought a brand new riding mower and at 17 a 48" walkbehind, 19 my first new 48" walkbehind and i didnt buy a 61"ztr until i was 24. a few years later bought a new one. and so on. i did all of this while working many different long term jobs. stop and shop through highschool. roofing, video store late teens/early 20's. budweiser "marketing" team and police community service intern postion in college(what a mix huh?). full time police/fire/ems dispatcher for 5 years. i gave it all up in....05 i think. how is that for a story?

#26 ·
Nice set up!! I really like your shops.

If you don't mind me asking what is wrong with your merc. on the boat?? I used to work in a boat yard. PM me.
the day i bought my boat i called and said i though the fuel tank was bad. the cap didnt thread on correctly. the tank sits down nearly in the water. the dealer said there was nothing wrong with it and in turn the manufacture then refused to listen to me over the year that it was bad until last month another dealer finally said it was faulty and let water in.. so i know engines dont run on water. each and every time the water was removed it ran good. now that the tank is fixed it runs like garbage and they cant figure out why. i have the best luck ever! i sent them an itemized list for $7100 for all the repairs, lost wages, fuel, truck fuel, boat depreciation, etc, that it has cost me over the last year. we'll see where we end up. if i get the money it will be worth the trouble.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.