Lawn Care Forum banner
61 - 80 of 229 Posts
Discussion starter · #63 ·
how does that not clog up? I take it you don't suck up wet leaves.
sucks up wet leaves no problem, had this setup for years. the only time ive ever clogged it is litterally sucking leaves from puddles on the side of the road that are mixed with sand/dirt. why isnt the girl closer in the pic?

Discussion starter · #64 ·
here is our pile of leaves, i think its about 10 loads of leaves. i try to bring home a load a day to make nice topsoil. the ground slops down a bit, hard to tell how big the pile is in the pic

Tire Vehicle Automotive tire Wheel Tree

Discussion starter · #66 ·
do you use the Kubota alot? If so, what primarily do you use it for?
very little, just enough to make the payment. we have 7 acres and i knew i could use it for the business but mostly wanted it for home. i push/turn the leaf pile with it, load/unload the truck, etc. i have been doing more topsoil work and really want to get a harley rake. all with growth. most of my hangup has been being an owner opporator. this year i finally got trustworthy guys to take over 80% of the mowing which opened my time up to other things like the tractor work. otherwise, we were books solid with mowing alone. next yera i hope to have a 4th ZTR and one more guy and 40+ more lawns

I saw that truck at 3:15 am at the valero in durham... but that sucks man love the OBS

really nice equipment and that sucks about your truck i had something similar happen to me, what ztr's do you like better the bobcats or the scag?

Discussion starter · #72 ·
really nice equipment and that sucks about your truck i had something similar happen to me, what ztr's do you like better the bobcats or the scag?
i had a whole post on that titled "scag vs bobcat my take". short end of it, it comes down to money, love them both, bobcat is much cheaper.

sorry the truck that was smashed I saw at valero... i like the obs tho

Discussion starter · #75 ·
If you dont mind me asking what did you pick up the house for $. I ask because I looked at that property this summer when it was for sale.. Ha ha small world!!!
were you the one who put the offer in it contingent on the home business permit? we got it for 430 and put more than we thought into it. roof, windows, painted outside/insinde, floors, carpets, countertops, appliances. still need doors, garage doors, landscaping....and bathrooms done. if it snows we're doing a bath soon. what did you think of the place?

Discussion starter · #76 ·
and this truck slid off the road at low speed and clipped a few objects on the dec 20th storm, luckily no damage

Tire Automotive parking light Wheel Car Automotive side marker light

were you the one who put the offer in it contingent on the home business permit? we got it for 430 and put more than we thought into it. roof, windows, painted outside/insinde, floors, carpets, countertops, appliances. still need doors, garage doors, landscaping....and bathrooms done. if it snows we're doing a bath soon. what did you think of the place?
No we never put in a offer, with its location and town its in, I wonder who would worry about a home biz permit.. I loved the location and getting rid of my shop rent would have been great!!! But the #'s for doing the inside did not work for us considering it was already at the top of our budget.. I know nothing at all when it come to houses and have no intrest in learning.. My old lady knew i would hide in the shop for the next 20 years...lol.... Congrats on the new place it sure is a sweet set up!!!

I've looked at this thread before and really like your set up there. What are your plans with the OBS 350? I've got a 96 powerstroke with a 10' dump that carries my salter, getting a plow this winter hopefully if the money is there, great old trucks.

Discussion starter · #80 ·
I've looked at this thread before and really like your set up there. What are your plans with the OBS 350? I've got a 96 powerstroke with a 10' dump that carries my salter, getting a plow this winter hopefully if the money is there, great old trucks.
we unoffically had 2 crews going this year, the 2nd wasnt really full bore. im hoping next year ill be closer to that and i really dont want my 08' superduty to get all beat up from mowing, you know with like big dents in the bed and bumper and stuff.......damn, that already happened. as we grow the obs f350 truck will serve the 2nd mowing crew, ill have the f550 for mulch, hedges, cleanups, tractor work, the other p/u will work the first mowing crew, and the 08' can look like crap in the driveway with rusting dents. it is really my personal truck and i dont want grass and crap in it every weekend when im using it.

im also planning on using it as a 3rd plow truck, since we're booked up with 100 driveways now and need it to take on more work. it needs to be converted. it an original mm1 with a slow hydrolic pump off the engine. i want to convert it to electric/hydrolic. it also has an exaughst manifold leak, need to bleed the new brakes, and clean the connections on the dump. it sat around for the last 5 years. it was cheap and it was white so i was all over it. its heading into the shop soon so i can start fixing her up

61 - 80 of 229 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.