Lawn Care Forum banner
81 - 100 of 229 Posts
Makes sense. I'm set up similar, but only running one mowing crew, that if I can ever get away from mowing everyday could really do quite a bit more work. Im still running the crew though, and doing all of our lawn apps. So that rig could handle another day worth of mowing easy, if I could still have my extra time for lawn apps, sprinkler service, small landscape work etc. I know where you're coming from with the personal truck, I've got an 01 super duty powerstroke that i bought used, still a very very clean truck and I hate to take it out to mow, it basically sits, hauls me around, and plows snow. So you guys strictly do driveways for snow then?

well anyways it was one of your trucks, a superduty diesel white haha ... everything looks good

Discussion starter · #83 ·
Makes sense. I'm set up similar, but only running one mowing crew, that if I can ever get away from mowing everyday could really do quite a bit more work. Im still running the crew though, and doing all of our lawn apps. So that rig could handle another day worth of mowing easy, if I could still have my extra time for lawn apps, sprinkler service, small landscape work etc. I know where you're coming from with the personal truck, I've got an 01 super duty powerstroke that i bought used, still a very very clean truck and I hate to take it out to mow, it basically sits, hauls me around, and plows snow. So you guys strictly do driveways for snow then?
we do several private roads. we lost our parking lots. its fine with me though, we are making enough and we dont have to buy a sander

Discussion starter · #84 ·
here is my poor truck. we made enough to cover repairs out of pocket and still made good money, its just one of those things that eats me up. i usually have much more weight in my truck, but because it was predicted to be light fluffly snow and not icy i didnt bother.

Tire Wheel Automotive parking light Automotive side marker light Vehicle

Tire Automotive tire Automotive parking light Hood Vehicle

Discussion starter · #86 ·
is the bumper one solid piece? I smashed the rear and driver's side bed side of my 07 GMC (new style) and the bumper alone is 10 pieces!
i think it is, ill most likely take it off, beat it out for the winter and buy something in the spring. ive been looking at those armor type heavy duty bumpers. who knows, maybe ill smack it up some'more before the seasons over! i hate my new truck anyways

Discussion starter · #87 ·
im itching to get back outside. we need a few snow storms to get enough money for a 4th ztr this year to really get the 2nd crew fully running (and work of course). we will be advertising like crazy this spring to pickup alot of new lawns. we have never really adveritised and most work has come from word of mouth over a long period of time.

Discussion starter · #89 ·
supercuts have you seen the guy in bridgeport selling new bobcat mowers on ebay for super low prices?this is his page (WWW.MERITRENTALS.COM).the prices are very low,tell me what you think.
yeah ive talked to him. being from saybrook im assuming you know Barry. he has been very good to me and i dont want to cut him out of the loop on a new mower sale, but $2k is $2k. if i snows i might be interested but im still looking for a great deal on a used machine. ive seen some that cheap in NC from time to time and i think Ohio. they must do alot of volume to get prices down that low. you going to get one?

yeah ive talked to him. being from saybrook im assuming you know Barry. he has been very good to me and i dont want to cut him out of the loop on a new mower sale, but $2k is $2k. if i snows i might be interested but im still looking for a great deal on a used machine. ive seen some that cheap in NC from time to time and i think Ohio. they must do alot of volume to get prices down that low. you going to get one?
yeah barry is a good guy and would love to give him the sale but the price dif can be huge.i was looking for a used bobcat when i came across these.are you going to sell any of your machines?if so keep me in mind ,or if you come
across a package where you only want 1.:drinkup:

Discussion starter · #91 ·
yeah barry is a good guy and would love to give him the sale but the price dif can be huge.i was looking for a used bobcat when i came across these.are you going to sell any of your machines?if so keep me in mind ,or if you come
across a package where you only want 1.:drinkup:
cant sell, need more. hopefully ill hvae my 4th ZTR this spring. then each crew will have 2 Z's and a WB for fenced in areas. you going for one of those mowers? going procat or predator?

i would love to get the new predator with the generac and peco but to be honest i think
i will continue to look for a good used one.if you come across more than 1 keep me in mind.also looking for a 18ft dual axle trailer.

i would love to get the new predator with the generac and peco but to be honest i think
i will continue to look for a good used one.if you come across more than 1 keep me in mind.also looking for a 18ft dual axle trailer.
don't mean to hijack this thread, but I have an 18ft tandem I'm looking to potentially sell so I can upgrade to a 22'.

Discussion starter · #94 ·
don't mean to hijack this thread, but I have an 18ft tandem I'm looking to potentially sell so I can upgrade to a 22'.
i would not have cared had you put a price tag with it! i cant stand the old "Ive got a number in my head" type of listings.......i hope you just forgot to list it. i would be in the market for an 18' next year if i could afford it. right now we have a 5x10, 6x12, 18' enclosed, 20' open. the 20' will work fine for my 2nd mowing crew but limits my ability to use the kubota. need the 4th ztr first, then ill be looking for another 18' open or enclosed

i would not have cared had you put a price tag with it! i cant stand the old "Ive got a number in my head" type of listings.......i hope you just forgot to list it. i would be in the market for an 18' next year if i could afford it. right now we have a 5x10, 6x12, 18' enclosed, 20' open. the 20' will work fine for my 2nd mowing crew but limits my ability to use the kubota. need the 4th ztr first, then ill be looking for another 18' open or enclosed
to be honest, I had no idea at the time what to ask for it. I just threw it out there cuz he said he was looking for a trailer that size. I'd like to see $1800obo (lists $3100 new). I think that's fair? I can get pics if you want. It's a Ringo Hill trailer, three years old this June. Brakes on both axles. Tires are half tread (load range D Carlisle's). Wood is excellent. Paint is good (could use a scrubbing and would look real nice). Only problem is one fender is cracked.

Discussion starter · #99 ·
Discussion starter · #100 ·
this is the winter blues........i want to get back to work.. here my poor truck hasnt left the garage since dec the last time she went plowing. i dont remember the last time the trailers moved.....let is snow or let it grow cause the money isnt coming in

Automotive parking light Automotive side marker light Automotive lighting Grille Automotive tire

Snow Plant Motor vehicle Nature Branch

81 - 100 of 229 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.