1. Missed the live Ask the Expert event?
    Catch up on the conversation with Ken Hutcheson, President of U.S. Lawns in the Franchising forum plus sign up to receive a FREE eBook on how to grow your landscape business.

Dismiss Notice

SuperZ starting delays

Discussion in 'Hustler Turf Equip (Archived)' started by lawnspecialties, Dec 6, 2006.

1. lawnspecialties

lawnspecialties LawnSite Silver Member

The SuperZ I used to own (27hp Kaw LC) developed a start-up delay problem. When you turned the key, sometimes the starter would hit, sometimes it wouldn't, and sometimes it would delay a few seconds and then hit. Dealer replaced the starter under warranty.

Now, my 26hp Kaw LC is doing a similar "delay" start-up. You turn the key, wait a second or two, and then it turns over. It started out as a short delay but now has slowly gotten longer. This has also coincided with the colder weather.

The unit has a little over 600 hrs.. The battery connections are clean as I cleaned them well when I had the battery out replacing the hydraulic oil and filter.

Any ideas before I take it in? Thanks:)

2. mowerconsultant

mowerconsultant LawnSite Fanatic
    Male, from Syracuse, NY

It could be a variety of things, my guess would be a connection or a relay, but your dealer really needs to take a look at it, get it in there and let them diagnose and fix it, thats what they are there for.

Pj