1. Missed the live Ask the Expert event?
    Catch up on the conversation about fertilization strategies for success with the experts at Koch Turf & Ornamental in the Fertilizer Application forum .

Dismiss Notice
Dismiss Notice

Supplier pricing in Southeast

Discussion in 'Fertilizer Application' started by Bunton Guy, Jan 19, 2018.

1. Bunton Guy

Bunton Guy LawnSite Bronze Member

As far as I know we have these dealers for fertilizer and associated chemicals:
    Howard Fertilizer
    Green Resource
    for those of you in the South that have these suppliers for your fert supplies, is there a noticeable price difference between these locations?
    We have been using SiteOne exclusively because they are the closest to our shop and we like the employees at our location.

I realize that I can't be "friends" with all of my vendors and at some point I need to chase better prices & quality products.

I will be making some phone calls Monday to see what these other companies have to offer. But wanted to see what you guys thought? Are they apples to apples? And this is for those of you that have used any of the companies listed. We are in Charlotte NC and not sure if there is any other companies that we haven't heard of?

2. windflower

windflower LawnSite Bronze Member

Helena chemical
    Southern agricultural insecticides
  3. Bunton Guy

Bunton Guy LawnSite Bronze Member

Unfortunately we don't have one of them. I was looking for more specific dealings with companies we might have in the Charlotte NC area.
  4. Jscoop

Jscoop LawnSite Member

I deal with all three. I’ve found Howard to have the best prices on chemicals. You can custom blend fertilizer with Howard and Harrell’s also. Site ones prices reflect the convienence in my opinion, but I was there today.
  5. Digitaria Sanguinalis

Digitaria Sanguinalis LawnSite Member

Winfield united
  6. B3tterbug

B3tterbug Inactive

Ewing Irrigation is in Charlotte
    Fert,pest and irrigation supplies
    I use them and southern ag here in Tampa
  7. jonthepain

jonthepain LawnSite Senior Member
    Male, from Raleigh

We have friends at Site One, Ewing, and Howard's.

Mostly we use Ewing, but SiteOne carries a couple of products that Ewing doesn't.

Our local Ewing has lots of organic stuff, so that's why we are there alot.

Prices seem to be about the same.
  8. ArTurf

ArTurf LawnSite Platinum Member
    Male, from Ark

I've had good luck with Harrells
  9. ETM

ETM LawnSite Bronze Member
    from GEORGIA

Yea if the above is all we had to work with harrells would get my business. Ewing here is the highest followed by site one.