• Online Events For Landscapers!
    With GIE+EXPO cancelled, virtual education and product launches are filling up the fall. Check out dates for Caterpillar, Exmark, NALP, and more. Click here to learn more.

Sure Power versus Chaser

A Hoover

LawnSite Member
Hi guys, curious what works better on wild violets,
chaser amine or sure power? would be doing a fall treatment, have used both in the past

phasthound

LawnSite Fanatic
Funny you should ask. I spent several hours today digging wild violets on my property as preparation to convert the bed into a pollinator garden. Yeah, I know it's a lot of work and wild violets are great pollinators but the violets are invading my lawn area and I'd rather not expose my dogs to chemicals.

andersman02

LawnSite Senior Member
If your applying in cooler weather, sure power probably with ester. Chaser might be the better choice in hot weather as there's no ester

Digitaria Sanguinalis

LawnSite Senior Member
If your applying in cooler weather, sure power probably with ester. Chaser might be the better choice in hot weather as there's no ester
Sure Power has no temp restrictions and was developed to be applied durning the summer months before September 15th. It’s actually not recommend to apply in cool weather. This comes straight from Nufarm.

phasthound

LawnSite Fanatic
It's always been my understanding that fall applications work best as plants are trans-locating nutrients to the roots.

andersman02

LawnSite Senior Member
Sure Power has no temp restrictions and was developed to be applied durning the summer months before September 15th. It’s actually not recommend to apply in cool weather. This comes straight from Nufarm.
Just checked and your right, however it does say it may volatilize during low humidity and high temps. I've always just stayed away from any esters during summer months, good to know about this though.

Digitaria Sanguinalis

LawnSite Senior Member
It's always been my understanding that fall applications work best as plants are trans-locating nutrients to the roots.
That is normally the case but not with Sure Power. Studies conducted showed more activity during the hot summer months. I’m just repeating what Nufarm’s Technical Director has echoed many times.

FdLLawnMan

LawnSite Bronze Member
In cooler and wetter weather SurePower will tip burn your turf, pretty bad in some cases. I have seen it so I follow NuFarms recommendation.