1. Complete Our Survey For A Chance To Win A $50 Amazon Gift Card
    We’d like to know your thoughts about LawnSite, and how we can make our community a more useful resource for your lawn care and landscaping needs. Please click here to take the survey, which should only take five minutes to complete. One winner will be chosen at random to win a $50 Amazon gift card.
    Dismiss Notice

SureCan: New Fuel Can's

Discussion in 'Sponsor Announcements' started by SureCan Inc., Aug 20, 2015.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Frontier-Lawn

Frontier-Lawn LawnSite Silver Member

I may field test 1 for you but I don't know how good it would be in commercial side but looks good for homeowners thou.

2. OP
    OP
    SureCan Inc.

SureCan Inc. LawnSite Member

Thank you, I am looking forward to getting your feedback

3. foreplease

foreplease LawnSite Silver Member

I received mine just as we were leaving for Labor Day Weekend and finally tried it out late this week. I like it! Not sure I could handle the larger one but the 2.2 is easy and works very well. I suspect you may need to offer to sell replacement parts at some point.

4. ed2hess

ed2hess LawnSite Fanatic

Can you get 2.5 gallons in it? Keep us posted we spill a lot of fuel hope this thinh works!

5. redmax fan

redmax fan LawnSite Bronze Member

very doubtful the outlet at bottom isnt going to begin leaking within a few years .
    and if so and unmaintained could become dangerous .

not saying this is so . but would like to see detailed drawing / photo of the outlet
    in effort to put this concern to rest

6. foreplease

I intentionally stopped at 2.2 on first fill. Next time I will push it but use it right away.

7. ed2hess

ed2hess LawnSite Fanatic

The 2.2 isn't a big thing I mix all 2 stroke gas for the crews in 5 gallon cans.

8. foreplease

I've had 2 back surgeries including one last September. I probably have one more coming someday but at age 55 I'm trying to do what I can to prevent it. Holding 40# of gas waist high for the several minutes it takes to empty a can is difficult. Duration is more of a problem than weight as I toss bags of fertilizer around regularly.

9. redmax fan

redmax fan LawnSite Bronze Member

a friend had bad disc problems for years , docs wanted to do surgery for years

then he got an inversion table at kmarts for 120 bucks , month later back was
    good to go . periodically since then hes used it ands never been stiffened up since
    when before inversion table his back would go out every few months . and this
    happened say 8 years ago and hes going strong

im not saying this lightly , his back was bad

and an inversion table could easily be home made for nothing

10. MowDaddy

MowDaddy LawnSite Fanatic

The video doesn't really show the can in action. Everything else. Let's see trying to hold it above a 21" mower tank and not overflow the gas tank while your standing. Also does not have a way to support wieght on filler spout. So I would presume you just have to stand there wiggling around trying to fill tank. And why 2.2 gal. My sthil mix comes in premeasured bottles to mix with 2.5 gal gas. Very unimpressed. Sorry just being honest. I would never buy one.
    Posted via Mobile Device

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.