SureCan: New Gas Can

Discussion in 'Sponsor Announcements' started by SureCan Inc., Oct 12, 2015.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. OP
    OP
    SureCan Inc.

SureCan Inc. LawnSite Member

No we do not have any problems and here is why. 1. you can see into the tank you are filling and gauge when to let go so you wont have the extra run in and overflow. 2. when you get close to the top your thumb controls the speed of the flow so you can slowly ease off of the trigger when you let go there is almost no fuel left to run out.

2. OP
    OP
    SureCan Inc.

3. OP
    OP
    SureCan Inc.

Our cans will actually fit 2.5 gallon in them. 2.2 Gallons is just or safety fill line.

4. HEMTT

HEMTT LawnSite Senior Member
    Male, from Redmond, WA

Thanks for the response. I have a LOT of thirsty toys, heck even my mower holds 12 gallons of fuel and burns 6 gallons per mowing. I may consider your cans for filling the little stuff but topping off our 4 RMK Pros with over 40 gallons of fuel (4 sleds x 12 ga. each) may tax my patience. Unlike most that trailer their sleds and stop at a gas station, I sled from my garage.

I think I start with a little one and see how much I like it before committing myself to 9 minutes to top off the mower. Looks like a well thought out product though!

5. rlitman

rlitman LawnSite Silver Member

How long does it take you at the gas station pump, or filling from cans now?

I have modern 5/8" hoses on most of my 5 gallon metal gas cans, and that's about the speed they empty (yes, it does get old fast). A few old ones (from the days of leaded gas) have 1" hoses, and those sure empty much faster.

6. HEMTT

HEMTT LawnSite Senior Member
    Male, from Redmond, WA

I don't take the sleds to the fuel station, I fill them with cans. Having a home touching a National Forrest means I can sled from the garage. Working with my wife, I open 8 cans, she fills and I cap and put back in the truck. It takes a little longer than putting 40 gallons in our Excursion fuel tank. If I'm starting with all empty sleds, like the beginning of every snow season, I take 10 cans to the station. I use a 12V automotive pump to empty all the sleds in the spring as they are the real high compression engines that need an absolute 91 octane MINIMUM. The mowers, blowers, ATV's and even my wife SVT Raptor take care of any unwanted snowmobile fuel left over, I also use a bit of PRI-G just in case.

The point is, if I had a bunch of tools or toys that need a few ounces to a few quarts, I believe a SureCan is the way to go. I'm going to buy 2 of their 2.2's for my line trimmers, chain saws, hedge trimmers and blowers for my 2 principle residences. For the gas guzzlers I'll stick with what I have, at least for now.

Those old cans with the big hoses really DUMPED the fuel!

7. OakNut

OakNut LawnSite Platinum Member

Do you understand how ridiculous that sounds - especially coming from the manufacturer?

If 2.2 is the "safety fill" amount, but you can "fit" 2.5, then why not make the "safety fill" amount 2.5?

Take it as constructive criticism and perhaps you can redesign the can because it seems like a HUGE screw up to market a can listed as 2.2 gallons when 2.5 is a known industry standard.

8. Charles

Charles Moderator Staff Member

I would like it that way. Never have to try and match it up with the line. Just fill it to the brim:clapping:

9. OP
    OP
    SureCan Inc.

Oak Nut, thanks for the constructive criticism, truth be told most of all the other manufactures don't advertise their true capacity and just mark their cans at 2.5 when in reality they don't fit as much either. We believe in the honest route and advertise at what it really is.

10. OP
    OP
    SureCan Inc.

Please we would appreciate it if you would time your current fuel cans with 5 gallons and see how fast it flows. We understand that we are not the fastest flow rate but we are by far the easiest and most durable plastic fuel can out there.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.