Sureguard (Flumioxazin)

Discussion in 'Pesticide & Herbicide Application' started by Allabouttheyard, Feb 17, 2017.

1. Allabouttheyard

Allabouttheyard LawnSite Member

I've read several threads about this product (sureguard) and its been recommended by several people, unfortunately noone knows if there is a cheaper product than this. Our local siteone doesn't carry it, and Ewing only has it in 64oz bottles for 900$. If I had more properties where I could use it I would spend the money but not cost effective for me at this time.

Is there a product with the same active ingrediant that can be substituted for sureguard that wont break the bank. I would like to spray, prosecutor, diquat, and a good pre for long term control (90 days atleast). I have tried snapshot, ok control; Freehand seemed to be better on spurge. Any recommendations appreciated.

I am licensed:)

2. lazyike

lazyike LawnSite Senior Member

There is cheaper. I will have to go and look at what my jug size is. The container cost me about 350 last year. I know it was 350 because I had them add it to my order without asking the price and when I got my invoice I was like oops. I really did not need it for what I was doing but the salesman was good. Lol. It was also namebrand sureguard

3. Allabouttheyard

Allabouttheyard LawnSite Member

Perfect! How do you like the results of this product?

4. lazyike

lazyike LawnSite Senior Member

Ok it was a 1# jug. I used it with my roundup on fence lines and around a running track. It worked good but like I said it was overkill for what I was doing with it. I should have asked more questions from my supplier but oh well. I have now seen 1# on the internet for about 180.00

5. CHARLES CUE

CHARLES CUE LawnSite Silver Member

I like Oryzalin and gallery it works as good as any other. Oryzalin is cheap but Gallery cost is a little higher if i remember right is $5 a M. I spray 2 times a year but you see winter weeds. it has been depleted by than. If dandelions are not a problem you can not use the gallery.

6. lawnpropm

lawnpropm LawnSite Senior Member

It is expensive, but I mix backpacks with round up quick Pro. Does the trick and has great residual control for sure! I get mine in like a pint size lol from Helena. It's more like a agricultural store