1. Missed the live Ask the Expert event?
    Catch up on the conversation with Ken Hutcheson, President of U.S. Lawns in the Franchising forum plus sign up to receive a FREE eBook on how to grow your landscape business.

Dismiss Notice

Suspension Seat Question

Discussion in 'Hustler Turf Equip (Archived)' started by lordfam, May 28, 2004.

1. lordfam

lordfam LawnSite Member

I am a homeowner, not in the lawn care business. I just bought a Super Z with a 60" deck. The suspension seat has a knob on the front with an arrow pointing to a larger or smaller person-figure, depending on which way you turn it.

The dealer wasn't terribly helpful in providing any details about adjusting the seat and I was surprised that it isn't covered in the owner's manual at all.

My question - what is the range of adjustment and is there any rule of thumb as to how many turns to make for each ten or twenty pounds over the minimum? I have turned the knob quite a bit and haven't really noticed any difference. If I turn it as far as it will go towards the 'little man', how many turns in the oppposite direction should I make if I weigh 180, 200, 220, 240, etc.? How many turns in total between one extreme and the other?

Thanks.

2. mowerconsultant

mowerconsultant LawnSite Fanatic
    Male, from Syracuse, NY

I have never counted the turns it takes.
    I am a large size myself and I need to turn the know as far as it goes towards the larger person symbol.
    I then back it off for ground conditions.
    You will need to fine tune it to your size and ground conditions.

Pj