Lawn Care Forum banner
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
116 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
anyone do alagecide/aquatic weed control? in my market at least they wnat the ponds clear. currently my full time job working for the 20 something larges landscape we will spend one day doing ponds every two weeks. just wonder if any of you do them???

alex

·
930 Posts
Try Aquashade. It works OK for me, but I would like something a little better than it. Rate I think is 1 gallon to a half acre at a 4 foot depth.... Does anyone know of better product than this stuff?

·
Registered
2,696 Posts
Aquashade is good, once you get the algae cleared out. Try Cutrine-Plus to clean up the algae, then treat with Aquashade. This is my last year with pond treatments. Too much paperwork and red tape with DEQ regulations/permits.

·
Registered
2,696 Posts
NCSU - ....or Rodeo.

·
Registered
116 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Originally posted by Grassmechanic
Aquashade is good, once you get the algae cleared out. Try Cutrine-Plus to clean up the algae, then treat with Aquashade. This is my last year with pond treatments. Too much paperwork and red tape with DEQ regulations/permits.
What type of paper work. the Co i workfor right now dosent even post that we spary the ponds. might be a bad thing my boss cant tell the difference between the alage. if it can be cured my aquathol or cutrine he dosent know.
i want to get in to pond control so i just want to see if there was a market in it
alex

·
Registered
2,696 Posts
lawnboyil - In Michigan, if a pond has an overflow or a point of overflow, that goes into a ditch, storm sewer, or another body of water, you need to get a permit from the Department of Environmental Quality (DEQ) before applying any chemical. This means pretty much any pond. You need to apply several months in advance for these permits.

You need to submit a map of the body of water, the legal name and description of property, complete with the areas of infestation, your methods of control, and the chemical(s) that you wish to apply. This has to be submitted in triplicate. Also, ponds need to be posted with approved signage.

After the season, you have to submit a report as to how your chemical treatments worked, fish kills (if any), and type of aquatic plants controlled.

Also, you need an Aquatic license and yes, there is a demand for this kind of work since many of us are giving up on this paperwork nightmare.

·
Registered
6,746 Posts
Originally posted by The Lawn Boy Pro
I tried Aquascapes SAB, YOU should too!!! It kills it all NATURALY and you dont need no stupid permit either becasue it aint no chemical!!:D SOOOOOOOOOO much eaiser!
Are you controlling a pest?

Yup need a license here for it and it has it's own catagory.

If it kills or controls you need it naturally or not.

For your own pond you may not but for hire you do.

·
Registered
2,696 Posts
Originally posted by The Lawn Boy Pro
I tried Aquascapes SAB, YOU should too!!! It kills it all NATURALY and you dont need no stupid permit either becasue it aint no chemical!!:D SOOOOOOOOOO much eaiser!
Don't get caught applying it without a permit. In Mich., you need a permit to apply ANYTHING that controls a pest. Bactimos briquets are all natural (bacillus thuringensis) mosquito control and you need licensing and permits. Fines are too hefty to be doing so without.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.