1. Can’t make it to the GIE+EXPO 2017?
    LawnSite brings the trade show floor to your fingertips with our new GIE+EXPO 2017 Sneak Peek video series debuting now in the Lawn Mowing forum.

Dismiss Notice

sweeping gravel and sand

Discussion in 'Lawn Mowing' started by cantoo, Mar 25, 2003.

1. cantoo

cantoo LawnSite Silver Member

Does anyone offer this. I just bought a rotary broom and collection system and am not sure on pricing yet. I didn't even have it home yet and the Dealer had already given my name out and I had to go look at a property tonight. Last year I used a 6' power broom on my Ransomes but it was mainly for lawn cleanup not gravel. This year the lawns are covered in sand and gravel. I wanted to practice with it so I could see how long it takes and get an idea of pricing but it's drying up too fast for that.
    Here a pic of the machine.

sweeper1a.jpg

2. HarryD

HarryD LawnSite Bronze Member

can you use it on concrete

3. cantoo

cantoo LawnSite Silver Member

Yes it can be used on concrete and pavement. The main use is for spring and fall clean up of matted down leaves and twigs. I am already having a few problems with it such as the motor to dump the bin is too weak for wet gravel I'm hoping it works better on dry. The job I looked at is 1000' of sidewalks 5' wide on a bridge. They can't get their tractor mounted sweeper on it