Swim Pond Build in 2013 looking Amazing

Discussion in 'Water Features' started by FNCPonds, Sep 12, 2014.

1. alexschultz1

alexschultz1 LawnSite Bronze Member

My thoughts exactly. I would be putting in a large uv filter. What happens when a child cuts his foot and it gets infected? What about Giardia, e coli, and salmonella? How about a sick child having diarrhea in the pool?

Don't get me started on water born insects and the nightmares they can cause...

Beautiful work BTW. Sorry if I sound degrading
    Posted via Mobile Device

2. mxridernorth

mxridernorth LawnSite Senior Member

3. tadpole

tadpole LawnSite Bronze Member

This certainly does not support the safety of NSPs. In fact, if you read the entire WHO body of guidelines concerning swimming, you will find that they do not even recognize NSPs as being any different than conventional swimming pools and therefore are subject to the same BMPs.

4. mxridernorth

mxridernorth LawnSite Senior Member

I realize that and I'm not suggesting that NSPs are sterile environments or are somehow more pure than swimming pools. My point is that swimming pools are not sterile environments either. All of the pathogens listed by Mr. Schultz above can exist in swimming pools as well.

5. tadpole

True, but are less likely to because of the levels of disinfection that are required. Disinfection from any source, be it chemical, UV, ozone or micro-filtration, is non-existent in NSPs. What the WHO has done in the paper that you provided a link to is delineate the types of pathogens that are encountered in aquatic environments used for human immersion that should be targets of applied disinfection methods.

6. southernbeachmama

southernbeachmama LawnSite Member

Hi there. I see you are in Pensacola. Can you email me about natural swimming pool into please ? greenmama.e@gmail

7. tadpole

Exactly what information are you looking for?

hort101 likes this.