• How has the weather been in your neck of the woods?
    We are looking for feedback from our membership to see how/what the weather has been like in your area. Please Click here to take our Winter Weather Survey, we would appreciate it.

Switch on Gas Pedal

wetsu

LawnSite Member
74 Chevy has switch above gas pedal. When the gas pedal is depressed nearly all the way, the switch is depressed. I followed both of the wires leading from it and they both go nowhere. Just wondering if anyone knows what in the heck the switch is for and where the wires are supposed to go. Thanks!

BUSHMASTER

LawnSite Senior Member
well it sounds like it could be.... depending on the model 74 chevy as a Nitrous button ...look around you might find a toggle switch that would have armed the system...it was the first thing that can to mind. you would only use nos at full throttle ...

OP
W

wetsu

LawnSite Member
Truck has 250 inline 6 and a 1 brrl carb, both original, so I dont think it would have been nitro. But thanks for the thought!

4x4k20

LawnSite Member
THE SWITCH YOU SEE IS THE KICKDOWN [PASSING GEAR] FOR YOUR AUTOMATIC TRANSMISSION 400 IF YOU HAVE ONE I HAVE NEVER SEEN A 400 AUTO BEHIND A 6 MAYBE IT USED TO HAVE A V8

bob

LawnSite Platinum Member
Ejector seat?