1. Missed the live Ask the Expert event?
    Catch up on the conversation with Ken Hutcheson, President of U.S. Lawns in the Franchising forum plus sign up to receive a FREE eBook on how to grow your landscape business.

Dismiss Notice

Switch out 52" Exmark deck for 60" deck?

Discussion in 'Lawn Mowing' started by cajuncreole, Oct 27, 2005.

1. cajuncreole

cajuncreole LawnSite Member

Double dumb question but may I make a straight switch out from a 52" deck on an Emark Lazer Z 27hp Kohler. I have tried the 60 inch model and cuts so much better especially trimming around objects. I believe the 27hp Kohler can handle the 60 inch deck. I run double gators underneath. Would there be any conversion or modification work needed? My current deck has plenty of life in it but I want the extra efficiency.

Has anyone else done this before or am I the only one who has not done his homework before the purchase, (the dog ate it!)

2. littlenic

littlenic LawnSite Member

I wouldn't be surprised if Exmark doesn't have a kit. I think you will have to switch out the front frame also. I know itÂ’s different but I switched out a 48" for a 36" on my TTHP and Exmark had a kit with all the needed parts including wheels, everything I needed to do the conversion. I spoke directly with Exmark to get the part number for the kit the talked with my dealer to get a price. It was much cheaper than ordering the parts individually.

Phone number 1-402-223-6300

Hope this helps littlenic