1. Missed the live Ask the Expert event?
    Catch up on the conversation with Ken Hutcheson, President of U.S. Lawns in the Franchising forum plus sign up to receive a FREE eBook on how to grow your landscape business.

Dismiss Notice

Switch to Full time employee

Discussion in 'Business Operations' started by jmt34, May 24, 2005.

1. jmt34

jmt34 LawnSite Member

I have a full time job and started my lco as a side job to pay for my ztrak. I have done this for a while and now have to have pt help just to get the lawns mowed. What is your experience with trying to switch to someone working solo for you? I don't have pt guys that are really mature enough to handle anything long term. I have access to some Hispanic workers that I am going to look into. I really couldn't keep 1 worker busy for 40 hours each week, but I can't grow anymore unless I have someone that can work by themselves. Any advice would be appreciated.

2. jmt34

jmt34 LawnSite Member

Hey- I'm still hoping to hear from some of you about this situation. Did anyone start out pt and wind up quiting their job? I could dive off and turn this into a company with large accounts, but I'm really not ready to take that kind of risk, unless it is forced upon me. I enjoy the work, but after 4 years of solo I am tired. Thanks for your help.

3. Team Gopher

Team Gopher LawnSite Platinum Member
    from -

<marquee loop="infinite" bgcolor="#DDDDDF"><font color="#000000">Have a tax question? Ask our CPA. Click Here </font></marquee>
    Hi jmt34,

If no one responds to your question, please feel free to post it here and I will have our business consultant respond back to you.