1. Missed the live Ask the Expert event?
    Catch up on the conversation about fertilization strategies for success with the experts at Koch Turf & Ornamental in the Fertilizer Application forum .

Dismiss Notice

Switching suppliers because of price.

Discussion in 'Pesticide & Herbicide Application' started by Marine03112, Oct 13, 2018.

1. Marine03112

Marine03112 LawnSite Bronze Member

Ok I have had a great experience from Synatek. That’s why I feel bad about making a switch to another supplier. I go through 300 bags a round. The price I was quoted on all mineral and slow release was two bucks a bag difference. That’s close to 900 bucks a round difference. What would you all do? I guess this is how they get you. Make you all buddy buddy. But I have a family to think of and every penny counts. Your opinion is welcomed. It can add up to over 4K a year savings. They will deliver also right to my door. This is the company offering better prices.https://www.genesisturfgrass.com/products/

oqueoque and wjjones like this.
  2. CHARLES CUE

CHARLES CUE LawnSite Silver Member

so your saying that they charged you $2 more a bag than the quoted you. And you never asked them why

3. Marine03112

No one supplier is cheaper by two bucks a bag for the same analysis

4. phasthound

phasthound LawnSite Fanatic

Urea prices and shipping costs are behind the increases in fertilizers.
    I would talk to SiteOne about Screamin' Green.

Last edited: Oct 13, 2018
  5. CHARLES CUE

CHARLES CUE LawnSite Silver Member

i have used 4 differnt CO's and i always go back to the same one they have good prices and service. I do like there service

Marine03112 likes this.
  6. Marine03112

Your a big fan of screaming green. That’s cool but I am on a very tight budget. So what would you do if your offered a two buck difference per bag for essentially the same product?

7. Marine03112

Two be honest I never dealt with Genisis before. Might try a small order of 100bags. To see how the experience goes

ted putnam likes this.
  8. tebletlawns

tebletlawns LawnSite Senior Member
    Male, from Kansas City

Talk to your original dealer and see if they can do any better.

oqueoque and Marine03112 like this.
  9. Marine03112

They came down a bit but nothing like Genesis

10. tebletlawns

tebletlawns LawnSite Senior Member
    Male, from Kansas City

Well...at the end of the day, business is business. Gotta go where the money is. Maybe after a year of losing your business, they'll find some wiggle room.