switching up program

redsox

LawnSite Member
First I will start with my backround. I have been in the industry for 12 years. I have been on the chemical side for 8 years. I decided to start my own business last year. This year I am starting to gain momentum.
Here is what I am looking for advise on. My whole career i have done two part liquid weed control (low pressure and low volume) with granular fert. I am going to start to add all liquid apps to my program. It looks like I can save money, time and get better results adding this in. The problem being I have never done this before. What guns are people using? Size of hose ( diameter)? What nozzle size? how much carrier are you putting down per 1k sqf.? Any and all help and/or advise would be appreciated.

Thanks
Tony
The Green Touch Lawn Care Company

Duekster

LawnSite Fanatic
Not the expert many folks here are but I shoot for 2 Gallon per K, I use a 2 GPM Yellow Nozzle Lesco Chemlawn gun. I own a JD 9 but for most apps, the Lesco gun is great.

FdLLawnMan

LawnSite Bronze Member
I have never found a slow release liquid to be less expensive than granular. If you have, I would like to know what kind it is.
Posted via Mobile Device

OP
R

redsox

LawnSite Member
I have never found a slow release liquid to be less expensive than granular. If you have, I would like to know what kind it is.
Posted via Mobile Device
no it isn't less expensive.(never claimed it was) I will still do 2 part when I get to slow release. Prodiamine is cheaper though, somewere around $0.40 per 1k!

OP
R

redsox

LawnSite Member
Not the expert many folks here are but I shoot for 2 Gallon per K, I use a 2 GPM Yellow Nozzle Lesco Chemlawn gun. I own a JD 9 but for most apps, the Lesco gun is great.
Thanks for the input, that is what other people are saying to me. my biggest worry is striping but I will figure it out on my own lawn. can't be too hard with some of the meatheads that work for trugreen doing it. I have some really hilly properties too so i figured this would make it much easier.

Duekster

LawnSite Fanatic
Knock on Wood! I have yet to strip a lawn but I do not feed high rates of N. I do a fair amount of overlap too perhaps catching 30% or more in my swaths.