Lawn Care Forum banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

· Registered
19 Posts
I have only used Mobil 1 synthetic in my hydro, I dont think you should have regular oil in there. Check you owners manual to see what it says.

· Registered
1,613 Posts
I believe you're only supposed to use synthetic oil due to its tolerance to high temps. If you have regular oil in your hydros you better get ready to take it to the shop. It's going to break down any time now.

· Registered
398 Posts
Depends on the equipment. All of our equipment uses non-synthetic oils in the hydros. Never had much problems, some units with over 7000 hrs.
Some newer equipment specify synthetic since their units do not have oil coolers. Without oil coolers non-synethics break down.

· Registered
3,084 Posts
In regards to your question, I do not think you will have a problem.. this is steming from changing over from regular oil in my truck engine. I talked it over with the manager of the shop (who has been wrenching for 30 years and we had a hour discution on this) that maintains my vehicles and he stated that they will mix fine and cause no problem.
I do not thing if it will not do this in a engine a hydro would not be any differant.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.