1. Missed the live Ask the Expert event?
    Catch up on the conversation with Ken Hutcheson, President of U.S. Lawns in the Franchising forum plus sign up to receive a FREE eBook on how to grow your landscape business.

Dismiss Notice

Synthetic Putting Greens

Discussion in 'Landscape Architecture and Design' started by SprinklerGuy, Nov 16, 2005.

1. SprinklerGuy

SprinklerGuy LawnSite Bronze Member

I did a search and found lots of inquiries on these greens and their installation from many moons ago..but nothing too recent.

I am interested in hearing from some folks who have been installing these for a couple of years or so....and hearing pros/cons of the companies they are using for their materials/leads.

Thanks in advance...I have been dying to find a way to get back into the golf business....I left the golf business over 17 years ago...and don't really want to be a "low-paid" super or assistant golf pro like I was before....but I miss golf...I miss being around golfers....any info would be appreciated.

Thanks..

2. Frontier-Lawn

Frontier-Lawn LawnSite Silver Member

3. allprogreens

allprogreens LawnSite Senior Member

4. Drew Gemma

Drew Gemma LawnSite Bronze Member

lot of profit hard to sell becasue you need a fool and his money lots of money. MIn. we do is $6,000 and up. Definetly labor intensive. but overal a good product.

5. SprinklerGuy

SprinklerGuy LawnSite Bronze Member

thanks Chris..been there done that...looking for "real world" opinions..no offense to you, but of course you think your product is great. I would expect that....just looking for opinions from others not so connected.

I think they are like any other upscale product..they sell themselves to the right prospect....wrong prospect (not enough disposable income) makes anything like this a tough sell.