1. Ask the Expert TODAY!
    Learn how to do more with less when it comes to your fertilization services. Gather your top questions about fertilization and nutrient management and join the live Ask the Expert event hosted by Koch Turf & Ornamental TODAY at 12-2 p.m. ET in the Fertilizer Application forum .

Dismiss Notice

t box

Discussion in 'Mechanic and Repair' started by cclllc, Dec 22, 2002.

1. cclllc

cclllc LawnSite Senior Member

Has anyone ever repaired or replaced their t box on a dixie chopper?I have a couple of '96 models and one seems a little noisy.I saw some in j-thomas for 174 dollars.

2. Mowingman

Mowingman LawnSite Platinum Member
    from Texas

I think I read that Homer rebuilt his. Maybe he will see this thread and respond.:)

3. cclllc

cclllc LawnSite Senior Member

Yes ,I read his and was hoping that too.

4. Fine Lines Lawn

Fine Lines Lawn LawnSite Senior Member

I have replaced a couple of T boxes. Getting noisey is not a good sign. I'll check the files tomorrow to refresh my memory as far as the price goes.

5. BLAST

BLAST LawnSite Member
    from IN

yes they can be repaired.
    if you have a newer D C you can buy the new style T BOX and plum your hydo tank into it .

6. burnandreturn

burnandreturn LawnSite Senior Member
    Male, from Germany

I have rebuilt mine. I had the lower seal go out. Wasn't very hard to rebuild. I put new bearings on the shafts and new seals. The biggest problem I had was getting the pulley off the bottom end. Ended up using a tie-rod puller, worked great.