1. Can’t make it to the GIE+EXPO 2017?
    LawnSite brings the trade show floor to your fingertips with our new GIE+EXPO 2017 Sneak Peek video series debuting now in the Lawn Mowing forum.

Dismiss Notice

t270

Discussion in 'Lawn Mowing' started by stevesmowing, Nov 27, 2005.

1. stevesmowing

stevesmowing LawnSite Senior Member

I have been looking at adding a t270 to my equipment. I have used one before but never owned one. Right now I have a redmax 3000 and stihl fs85 the stihl will become an extended reach hedge trimmer. I know they no longer sell the t270 but a member here said they might be coming back. I was wondering though... it looks like they still make the C270 brush cutter. So can I just take the blade off and add a trimmer head and then remove the bike handle and add a loop handle? Also does anyone know if stihl, redmax, and shindaiwa heads are interchangeable?

2. MacLawnCo

MacLawnCo LawnSite Bronze Member

alot of people put the stihl heads on shinny trimmers. you need an adapter that I understand your dealer will sell you.

fwiw, i just got an extended reach hedge trimmer also. I considered turning my fs85 into one, however youll notice that their units articulates the wrong direction. What i mean is that to prune a flat topped shrub, you would be running the blades upside down. I ended up with a shinny t231 with the hedge trimmer attachment... Its so much better. Such a time saver. For ~$500 it better be. Youll like this purchase

3. EvandSeby

EvandSeby LawnSite Member

On the fs85 as a hedge trimmer, just flip the unit around and use your thumb on the throttle trigger.

4. mcwlandscaping

mcwlandscaping LawnSite Gold Member

I don't know if im thinking about things the same way you are but that sure seems uncomfortable.