T300 or T250

Discussion in 'Heavy Equipment & Pavement' started by toomuchtime, Jan 13, 2010.

1. toomuchtime

toomuchtime LawnSite Senior Member

I JUST CANNOT DECIDE. I am pushed towards the t300 due to the fact every mulching outfit I see is running a 300 or 320. Can a t250 run the head or does it have to do with lift path for mulching? I know the powerplants are the same and the 300 can lift higher but is the only diffrence? There are very nice low hour t250's with all the bells and whistles under 30K gold package,sjc so on but a equally equipped and hour wise t300 will bring mid 30's .I plan on light excavating,trenching,road maintenance and brushing with this machince with possibly some mulching depending on the demand in my area.

Whats your take?

Thanks again!

2. Tigerotor77W

Tigerotor77W LawnSite Bronze Member
    from Germany

One question might be whether a T250 can lift the mulcher head... the engine in the T250 and T300 is the same, so I doubt there's much of a hydraulic reason. Perhaps digdeep or a Bobcat guy can shed some light on this.

3. mrsops

mrsops LawnSite Silver Member

The only differnce between the t250 and the t300 is that the t300 can lift 500lbs more and i believe has about 6 inches or more when loading trucks. Other then that there isn't much of a difference.

4. YellowDogSVC

YellowDogSVC LawnSite Gold Member
    from TX

I don't think you will notice much of a difference in lifting between the 250 and 300. though I operate skids, the s250, s300 and s330 are all about the same in lift ability and tippiness and I have put all three through many hours. I imagine the CTL version is similar in capacity.

5. mrsops

mrsops LawnSite Silver Member

I tell you one thing yellow i had a 2002 s250 with a deutz engine and for some reason that machine was incredible power wise. I lifted when i had my 553 with a set of forks on my 250 over an 8 foot wall it was tippy but i did it. Had to take the bucket off the 553

6. YellowDogSVC

from TX

I had an s250 and probably would have kept it but it was my last open-cab machine. I had the kubota. Just missed the deutz cutoff. I had a couple of 863's with the deutz before that and I never complained about power. The s250 could lift! I think it would be fun to watch you carry a 553.

7. bobcat_ron

bobcat_ron LawnSite Fanatic

Go with the 250, vertical apths are not the geatest for twisting and torsional strength.

8. AEL

AEL LawnSite Bronze Member

Ditto on the deutz S250. We have the deutz with 3000hrs and a 2005 250 with the kubota and that deutz is a powerhouse, i find a big difference between the 2 machines.

9. YellowDogSVC

from TX

that's odd as the numbers would tell that the kubota is more powerful. After running a deutz 863 and kubota s250, I found the s250 stronger in push force but that's just me. Interesting.

10. toomuchtime

toomuchtime LawnSite Senior Member

Thanks for the input guys.

Bobcatron would you see any disadvantages mulching with a t250 as oppose to a t300?