Lawn Care Forum banner
1 - 20 of 33 Posts

·
Registered
6,459 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Over 30 bags of fert in the back of a pickup truck, liquid herbicide in the Tuflex tank, dual receiver carrier rack, and a T3000 spreader/sprayer allows one person to accurately treat over 500,000 sq ft in one day.

Our T3000 runs just over 5 mph in forward as well as reverse. Spread & spray patterns are perfectly even. Spread width & spray width up to over 12 feet. We've treated lawns as small as 3000 sq ft. Largest property treated in one day was 17 acres.

No need to ask how well we like it, cuz you probably already know.

I told you guys I'd post a pic........better late than never. :laugh: :usflag::canadaflag:

Wheel Tire Sky Vehicle Car

·
Registered
735 Posts
OMG, that thing's silly...A steering wheel, are you crazy? What is this, Charlie Brown goes spraying???? I can drag hose faster than that thing!!!!:):):):):):).

That's a sweet set-up. If you load up the back with fert and the tank full of water I bet you're ridin' pretty low. You can get a lot work done though.

·
Registered
1,375 Posts
Over 30 bags of fert in the back of a pickup truck, liquid herbicide in the Tuflex tank, dual receiver carrier rack, and a T3000 spreader/sprayer allows one person to accurately treat over 500,000 sq ft in one day.

Our T3000 runs just over 5 mph in forward as well as reverse. Spread & spray patterns are perfectly even. Spread width & spray width up to over 12 feet. We've treated lawns as small as 3000 sq ft. Largest property treated in one day was 17 acres.

No need to ask how well we like it, cuz you probably already know.

I told you guys I'd post a pic........better late than never. :laugh: :usflag::canadaflag:
SWEET!!!!!!!!!!!!

I am actually envious.....This is RARE.

Enjoy American!

Pete

·
Registered
6,459 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Thanks guys. Once in a while I have gone through up to 225 gallons of herbicide, but that's weedy lawns. Average herbicide use = about 75 gallons per day or less. I typically try to carry 100 to 125 gallons per day to make sure I don't run out. Spraying about 1/4 to 1/3 gallons per 1000 sq ft. Weed kill is excellent. Fert coverage too.

This GMC truck is a 2500, not a 2500HD. She rides low in the morning, but she rides high in the afternoon. Our next T3000 will be hauled (on a carrier rack) on a 2500HD.

As you can see in this pic, it's no wonder that we have run this T3000 on 45 degree hills. (going up a 48 degree slope was the steepest, but we don't recommend it -- make sure the hopper & tanks are full to acheive this task).

Like my pimp hat? (I don't get fried that way). :laugh::usflag:

p.s. the goofy guy in the pic ain't me....:laugh::laugh:

Wheel Tire Sky Cloud Motor vehicle

·
Registered
6,422 Posts
30 bags of fert, full spraytank and the marvel mystery machine all on a pickup?
It would seem to be a wee bit overweight.
Its not at all for a 2500 or 2500HD.

I carry 120 gallon of H20, and atleast 30 bags of fert and sometimes more with my PG on the back. I leave the house almost everyday with enough product to do between 10-12 acres.

Truck drops a little but not much. I am going to get some of those rubber deals as I think they go betwen the frame and spring or something like that but I am not a mechanic. My buddy has them on his truck for the winter when spreading salt and he said that keeps it from sagging all together.

·
Registered
6,539 Posts
Well, as much as I laughed at the steering wheel, I just kinda thought how tiresome it can be running a permagreen and fighting the handles, especially when making tight turns when it's loaded... I'm betting that the amount of upper body abuse with this new machine is a LOT less.

I like that the liquid tank is lower to the ground... The PG does make me nervous when it's full because it's rather top heavy that way.

I DO like the fold down handles on a PG though, the ability to jump off and walk behind to get under trees is a GREAT and very well engineered feature of the PG. Also, of course this can be utilized for slopes and climbing hills... I'm guessing the turfco model might be a little harder to work under trees. Looks like it wont have many traction problems though.

·
Registered
6,459 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
Mason (just posted) is my right-hand guy who operates our T3000. He has treated lawns as small as 3000 sq ft, but those were "front & sides only'. (easy & wide open). We have enough accounts to warrant another ride-on. That's why we are buying another T3000 instead of any competitors's unit. We've tried many other ride-ons, but none offer the safety, production, ease of use, reliability, safety, etc. I don't mean to offend other sprayer/spreader manufacturers cuz I know you offer fine products.

Bottom line ---- we're buying another TURFCO T3000 instead of anything else. We have over 3000 accounts, and they all rely on us to provide accurate applications.

I can show pics, more pics, & more pics, but until you run a T3000, you will never know it's capabilities. (sorry PG & zspray)

·
Registered
1,927 Posts
Great pics Larry! I'm looking forward to demoing one tomorrow at the "OLCA Turf Field Day" tomorrow. I know RC will be there, I'm hoping to see Mark (Grass Guy) there too. I'm sure there will be a lot more feedback on the T3000 here on Lawnsite tomorrow night after we all have a chance to run it. If I love it, or hate it, you'll find out tomorrow night.

·
Registered
6,422 Posts
I meant legally
30 bags= 1500lbs
200gal=1600lbs
spreader/rack 700lbs

Don't get caught.
Ahhhh! Good point!

I guess I don't worry about that...as I am not even sure what a GVWR even in on a 2500HD.

Does anyone know?

I am almost 100% sure that the cops are not going to pull me over in these little "one stop light towns"...plus if they do, I will probably know them anyways! :laugh:

I am sure that every hillbilly here cutting wood is carrying more weight in their trucks then I am! I have seen trucks standing up like a rocket ready to take off and almost dragging the ground! I don't think it would be an issue, atleast here anyway.

·
Registered
6,422 Posts
Great pics Larry! I'm looking forward to demoing one tomorrow at the "OLCA Turf Field Day" tomorrow. I know RC will be there, I'm hoping to see Mark (Grass Guy) there too. I'm sure there will be a lot more feedback on the T3000 here on Lawnsite tomorrow night after we all have a chance to run it. If I love it, or hate it, you'll find out tomorrow night.
Heck yea! See ya there tomorrow!

I think you will really like it! It is a SWEET rig!

·
Registered
1,341 Posts
My '07 2500HD GVW is 9,200#-But it's been modified when I had plow installed-(Stock GVW is a little less) We have DOT State troopers around here that would pull you over in an instant for that! They seem to love to harass lawn care companies! If you have combined weight of 10,001# or more truck & trailer, you'de better have DOT numbers, physical, fire extinguisher, etc., no overloading, everything secured, or you'll get pulled over & slapped with fines:cry: (This while the 18 wheelers go by hauling steel coils that arn't properly tied down:hammerhead:)

·
Registered
3,482 Posts
My thought is who wants to load and unload 30 bags of fertilizers from a truck.
I pull a twelve foot trailer for my Permagreen Magnum. Loading/unloading the machine from a trailer has to be easier, safer, and quicker than using that rack. Pulling a trailer has never been a issue for me or my employees. As far as production, 500,000 would be an average to easy day for my Magnum, A cake walk for the Z-Max.

1 - 20 of 33 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.