Lawn Care Forum banner
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

· Registered
1,621 Posts
Great pics Larry! I'm looking forward to demoing one tomorrow at the "OLCA Turf Field Day" tomorrow. I know RC will be there, I'm hoping to see Mark (Grass Guy) there too. I'm sure there will be a lot more feedback on the T3000 here on Lawnsite tomorrow night after we all have a chance to run it. If I love it, or hate it, you'll find out tomorrow night.

· Registered
1,621 Posts
I got the chance to take a really good look at this machine and here are my observations. To me, the machine looks a lot more substantial in person, than it does in the pictures I've seen of it on Lawnsite. From looking at it in the pictures Larry posted, I thought it looked kind of flimsy, but after looking at it in person, I walked away from it impressed. The impression I got from carefully looking at it from every side (including it's underside) was that this thing is built to last. Almost everything about the machine seems like it's been well thought out. The only thing about the machine that I didn't like was the attachment method used to hold the carrying tray (that you can load 2 bags of fertilizer into on top of the machine) onto the frame of the machine. There are two knobs that you have to unscrew to attach, or detach the tub, that are in my opinion awkward to use. That was the only thing about the machine that I didn't like. After telling "Turfco Tim" my opinion on those darn knobs, he told me that they're going to replace those knobs with rubber hold-down's.

Now... Onto the demo. I wasn't really sure how much I'd like using the steering wheel on the machine, instead of sticks like Z's have, or handlebars that Permas employ. I'm not going to say that in the short time I spent using it, I was totally comfortable with the steering wheel, but I do think that I'd grow to really love using it. Before operating the machine, I thought it would be clumsy to use because of the steering wheel. I was envisioning having to crank that steering wheel over time and again to get that thing to turn, but that concern turned out to be totally unfounded. The steering wheel on that thing was really responsive. It seemed like it only took a half turn on the steering wheel to turn that thing around sharply and get it heading back the way I came from. Is it a true zero-turn? No. It did turn very sharply though. Even though I treat really small lawns, I don't the turning radius of that machine ever being an issue with me.

During my demo, I used it to transverse a hill and could see why Bob sings the praises of this machines ability to hold hills. It felt really stable and gave me a lot of confidence. Before I'd pull the trigger and buy one of these machines, I'd have to use one of them for a couple of days on my lawns of course. I wouldn't know for sure how well a T3000 would work for me, unless I did that, but so far, so good.

After my demo, when I was trying to decide how much I really liked the machine, I had to admit that I was really impressed. Everything I said in this post is just my opinion obviously and while I really liked the machine, that obviously doesn't mean there won't be people out there who demo one and become detractors.

From what I saw of it today Bob, you did a really good job with this machine. The only hang-up I see people having with it, is the unit's price. I think the $8495 price of this machine will ruffle more than a couple feathers unfortunately. I really hope it doesn't, but I'm almost certain it will.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.