1. Missed the live Ask the Expert event?
    Catch up on the conversation with Ken Hutcheson, President of U.S. Lawns in the Franchising forum plus sign up to receive a FREE eBook on how to grow your landscape business.

Dismiss Notice

Tail gate assistance

Discussion in 'Lawn Mowing' started by Ssouth, Jan 30, 2001.

1. Ssouth

Ssouth LawnSite Senior Member

Just made mine today. Got the idea from a friend. Cost is $15 and 1 hour. I can now lift the tailgait without a problem at all. Check out the pics.

Pictures

2. Eric ELM

Eric ELM Husband, Father, Friend, Angel

3. bob

bob LawnSite Platinum Member
    from DE

4. Ssouth

Ssouth LawnSite Senior Member

why pay $159 when you can do it yourself for $15. No differecne in product. I will be adding 1 1/2" PVC pipe over the spring tommorrow for an additional $2-$3.

5. awm

awm LawnSite Gold Member

EVERY THING WAS MADE HEAVY DUTY.EXCEPT THE
    LITTLE PULLEY.ARE YOU SURE ITS RATED TO HANDLE
    THE WEIGHT THAT THE REST OF IT CAN.Ilike it
    just a thought.

6. jasonp

jasonp LawnSite Member
    from Alabama

Just wondering how does the wire rub the pulley when the gate is on its way down, I was going to do the same thing except i was going to try and find a pulley thing with a roller on top and bottom so the wire would go between the two rollers. I was also going to come up with a way to contain the spring just incase it ever broke.

7. Runner

Runner LawnSite Fanatic

I had to make my own roller set up. I bought a double (side by side)pulley tackle and took the pulleys out of there. I didn't want to use split pulleys. The frame to hold the pulleys (over and under) are welded with 1/4" steel with a piece square over the top too, with a longer flange on the bottom to allow room for bolts to the trailer. Other than that, Ssouth's looks just like mine, except I used a piece of PVC as the enclosure tube. You're gonna love that, Ssouth! Nice! :)