1. Missed the live Ask the Expert event?
    Catch up on the conversation with Ken Hutcheson, President of U.S. Lawns, in the Franchising forum.

Dismiss Notice

Tail light guards

Discussion in 'Trucks and Trailers' started by Lawntime Mowers, Dec 17, 2006.

1. Lawntime Mowers

Lawntime Mowers LawnSite Member
    from KC MO

Just replaced every light on the trailer this week......man I'm getting tired of buying tail lights every time they get busted up.:cry:
    I'v got a few ideas but wanted to see if anybody has plans for a guard that they'v added to a trailer? I took a photo of what I'm talking about.

Taillight2.jpg

2. dennys-lawn

dennys-lawn LawnSite Member

We use a light cover from Quality Trailer Parts. Kansas City location. Phone Number: (888)913-8500. Tell them your lights are 440L - left side with tag light & 440R - right side. I think the part number is 440LP. Price is around $15.00ea but well worth the money. Let me know if this helps. If I can find a photo of them. I'll post later.

3. dennys-lawn

4. Lawntime Mowers

from KC MO

Wow...thanks man! That's a much easier and better design than what I came up with in my twisted head. I'll give em a call asap. They are about a 40 min drive from my house, so I can pick em up.Thanks again

5. dennys-lawn

I run LED lights in these covers. Wal-Mart sells a pair for $50.00 in the marine section. Don't have to change bulbs due to dirt and stuff. Very durable. Just a thought.

6. Lawntime Mowers

from KC MO

At this point I don't have bulb problems. The entire plastic case and red lens are getting busted up from one thing or the other. I'll try the LED light next time for a change. Thanks for the input!