1. Missed the live Ask the Expert event?
    Catch up on the conversation with Ken Hutcheson, President of U.S. Lawns in the Franchising forum plus sign up to receive a FREE eBook on how to grow your landscape business.

Dismiss Notice

Tailgate ramp

Discussion in 'Trucks and Trailers' started by THIESSENS TLC, Oct 1, 2011.

1. THIESSENS TLC

THIESSENS TLC LawnSite Senior Member

I drive by a john deere dealer every day and saw this ramp on the back of one of their trucks, so i stoped in and asked where they got it. They told me Bannerman makes them. So we went outside to have a look at it. It lifts pretty easy with the dual spring assist. What do you guys think of this tailgate ramp made from Bannerman? Its $799.00
    any body have one? i think it weighs 140lbs.
    http://www.lawnsite.com/attachment....ttachmentid=231017&stc=1&d=131750253017502530.

tailgate_2.jpg

TailGate_small_000.jpg

2. HenryB

HenryB LawnSite Bronze Member

Do they have a website I'd buy one.

3. THIESSENS TLC

4. HenryB

HenryB LawnSite Bronze Member

Thanks. For the link

5. Exact Rototilling

Exact Rototilling LawnSite Fanatic

I like it - similar to to the tailgateramp ramp.
    Posted via Mobile Device

6. johnny_boy02

johnny_boy02 LawnSite Member

If you dont need the width of the whole tailgate and want to save a few hundred dollars I use this for days I need the trailer.
    [​IMG]

[​IMG]
    x-ramp

7. LawnScapers of Dayton

LawnScapers of Dayton LawnSite Silver Member
    Male, from Dayton, OH

I have been looking for a ramp to possibly set up another guy with a truck and mowing route. I would like to skip the trailer. Trimmer/edger, HH blower and a 36" mower....all the the back of a small pick up....... I like both of these options....

8. THIESSENS TLC

Im sure that will work fine for a push mower or small walk behind. but i dont think it has the ability to hold 730lbs with a max capacity of 1200lbs. that setup looks like it would work great for a 22".

9. johnny_boy02

johnny_boy02 LawnSite Member

You can get them in different widths. I have the "mini" trick version because I didn't need anything larger.
    Posted via Mobile Device

10. THIESSENS TLC

I have seen them wider, but I think they have a bit of flex to them ( and no arch) which isnt good for my set-up. how much did that one cost if you dont mind me asking?