Lawn Care Forum banner

Take a look at our latest blog posting

3K views 6 replies 5 participants last post by  Houston Tx Roof Cleaning 
#1 ·
Follow this link to our most recent blog post. If you follow and post a comment, I will return the favor.

#3 ·
I use a cleaning solution that is recommended by the Asphalt Shingle Manufactures Association. It is applied using a non pressure system. The solution will remove and prevent future growth. Steam cleaning will clean it but, will it prevent future growth?

#5 ·
You have to be very careful using hotwater on a roof, I have been on a roof that was steam cleaned and you couldn't hardly even walk on it because the granules were so loose. You could litterly see were you walked because the granules were displacing so bad. Gutters had a good pile of granules in them too. Using the hotwater heats the actual shingle (tar) up so much that it becomes tacky and starts shedding its granules.
You might want to have your roof checked, you may very well have a damage claim against that companies insurance.

#6 ·
You have to be very careful using hotwater on a roof, I have been on a roof that was steam cleaned and you couldn't hardly even walk on it because the granules were so loose. You could litterly see were you walked because the granules were displacing so bad. Gutters had a good pile of granules in them too. Using the hotwater heats the actual shingle (tar) up so much that it becomes tacky and starts shedding its granules.
You might want to have your roof checked, you may very well have a damage claim against that companies insurance.
+1

Steam and high pressure will trash your roof, get it checked out

#7 ·
+1

Steam nor Pressure are approved my ARMA for cleaning roofs, will void warranty, and tear shingles up.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.