Take a look at our latest blog posting

DUSTYCEDAR

LawnSite Fanatic
i dont see a steam genny so what is the magic soup in the tanks?
i had a guy steam clean my roof and it looked like new.
well worth it to me mine was black befor cleaning

cmturner

LawnSite Member
You have to be very careful using hotwater on a roof, I have been on a roof that was steam cleaned and you couldn't hardly even walk on it because the granules were so loose. You could litterly see were you walked because the granules were displacing so bad. Gutters had a good pile of granules in them too. Using the hotwater heats the actual shingle (tar) up so much that it becomes tacky and starts shedding its granules.
You might want to have your roof checked, you may very well have a damage claim against that companies insurance.

JCinNJ

LawnSite Member
You have to be very careful using hotwater on a roof, I have been on a roof that was steam cleaned and you couldn't hardly even walk on it because the granules were so loose. You could litterly see were you walked because the granules were displacing so bad. Gutters had a good pile of granules in them too. Using the hotwater heats the actual shingle (tar) up so much that it becomes tacky and starts shedding its granules.
You might want to have your roof checked, you may very well have a damage claim against that companies insurance.
+1

Steam and high pressure will trash your roof, get it checked out

Houston Tx Roof Cleaning

LawnSite Member
+1

Steam nor Pressure are approved my ARMA for cleaning roofs, will void warranty, and tear shingles up.