1. Is Landscaping An “Essential Business” In Your Region?
    Read the March 26 article from Turf addressing this question. Click here to learn more.

COVID-19 Safety Procedures For Landscapers
    As you are working out in the field, maximize safety for you, your crews, and customers. Click here to learn more.

Dismiss Notice

Take the scrub test

Discussion in 'Lawn Mowing' started by lawrence stone, Jun 23, 2000.

1. accuratelawn

accuratelawn LawnSite Senior Member

Wonder if Retro saw this?<p>Scrub- Uses their string trimmer to trim shrubs.

2. Charles

Charles Moderator, Friend, Angel

We got a scrub advertising yards &quot;20$ and up&quot;. He has been in business about 4 years now.

3. Eric ELM

Eric ELM Husband, Father, Friend, Angel

We had a customer that sold his house to some cheap skates that found some scrubs to mow their lawn this season. They haven't sharpened their blades yet this season. The ends of the blades of grass are so split and brown, that the lawn looks dead and it's not from lack of rain. We do the lawn next to it and you can see the exact lot line, plush green to dead brown. I can't believe these guys stay in business. This is one good example of my saying after my signiture. :)<p>----------<br>&lt;a href=&quot;http://pages.prodigy.net/eric.erickson/&quot;&gt;Eric@ELM&lt;/a&gt;<br>The Grass is always Greener on the other side of my competitors fence

4. LoneStarLawn

LoneStarLawn LawnSite Bronze Member

Why not educate rather than humiliate. I really don't see the point on wasting time telling some people how bad there small business is (except for the humor side of it) but some may not find humor at all in it. This site has helped many people understand the green industry which in turn helps us all. I just feel that some posts here have been more to humilate or brag rather than educate. I like to help as much as I can on here and out on the field with competitors..it has helped our market from low-ballers.....just my opinion.<br><p><font size="1">Edited by: LoneStarLawn

5. Charles

Lonestar you got it all wrong. I dont think there is a scrub who is a member of this forum. Scrubs cant operate a computer. So as long as nobody talking to you poleees quit cryin

6. bdemir

bdemir LawnSite Senior Member

Guido,<p>I dont bend 60 blades a season and i dont hea t them up that was just a question. I dont appreciate you laughing at my question no matter how stupid its just a question. If i knew you it would be ok but i dont know you so i take it personally. Sorry.<p>bdemir

7. Dale

Dale LawnSite Member

Certainely should be something there about not paying taxes ( income, personal, business). Hiring labor under the table.

8. LoneStarLawn

LoneStarLawn LawnSite Bronze Member

Charles I think you just proved my point.....

9. TGCummings

TGCummings LawnSite Senior Member

Well, I'll tell ya, it'd be real easy for me to take offense to some of the comments but I just take 'em with a grain of salt. I'll learn from some of the things I read, laugh with some, laugh *at* some, and carry on. <p>And I'll still cut some lawns for less than $25/cut. Haven't heard a reasonable argument not to, yet, particularly if the darn thing takes me ten minutes to stop, unload, cut and load. Customer is happy. Tommy is happy. Bills are paid. What's the big deal? ;)<p>-TGC

10. Charles

ok, I take it back. Maybe there are scrubs that can operate a computer