1. Is Landscaping An “Essential Business” In Your Region?
    Read the March 26 article from Turf addressing this question. Click here to learn more.

COVID-19 Safety Procedures For Landscapers
    As you are working out in the field, maximize safety for you, your crews, and customers. Click here to learn more.

Dismiss Notice

Take the scrub test

Discussion in 'Lawn Mowing' started by lawrence stone, Jun 23, 2000.

1. snow

snow Guest

you might be a scrub if...<br>*your house has wheels and your car doesn't. <br>*your belt buckle is bigger than your shoe size <br>*YOUR MOWERS GOT MORE MILES THAN YOUR PICKUP<br>*you're 47 and still in 3rd grade<br>* you think the tart carts are the &quot;cool&quot; buses<br>*the engine hanging in your yard is newer than the one in your car. <br>*You let your twelve-year-old daughter smoke at the dinner table in front of her kids.<br>*Your dad walks you to school because you are both in the same grade. <p>Bryan<br><p>----------<br><br>&lt;a href=&quot;http://www.snowplow.web.com&quot;&gt;The Snowplow Homepage&lt;/a&gt;

2. John DiMartino

John DiMartino LawnSite Silver Member

Charles,the customers think we are getting rich mowing lawns for 30 a pop,they dont see what we have to pay out to stay in business.I notice the same for employees for the most part,they just see the checks and think its all yours.<p>----------<br>John D<br>

3. Bobby

Bobby LawnSite Senior Member

Hey Grassmaster,,,Damn!!!!!<p>----------<br>Yesteryear L/S<br>Hollywood Fla

4. little green guy

little green guy LawnSite Senior Member

hey snow, i think you just descibed a hill billy.<p>you might be a scrub if you've never visited lawnsite

5. Doc

Doc LawnSite Member

Hi Everyone,<p>I am not sure that I have the right to post in this area but I have to <br>laugh at this Scrub thing. I have decided to call myself Doc Scrub. I think <br>that all of us have some of the traits of a Scrub. The problem is who is <br>man or woman enough to stand up and say &quot; 'YES I HAVE SOME SCRUB <br>CHARACTERISTICS'. I will work on them in order to better myself&quot;. I have <br>read some of your posts stating that you work for sums that our mowers <br>wouldn't even start up for but then I am not in your part of the country or <br>world nor do I know what will turn a good profit for you. If someone wants <br>to work for a loss or give their services away why should any of us <br>criticize or belittle him or her. It really is their business and their <br>right not ours. Maybe we should be searching for ways to aid them to lift <br>themselves up. We can always find something negative but maybe we should be <br>looking for the positive things in each other. The things to build on. If <br>anyone truly wants the negative then go buy a mirror, look deeply and you <br>will find sufficient negativity for a lifetime plus. Think of all the time <br>that has been spent in making negative posts. Let all of us use our time in <br>a positive, kind, understanding and encouraging way. Enjoy the balance of <br>the day.<p>Doc Scrub<p>

6. JRLAWN

JRLAWN LawnSite Member

I GUESS I AM THE BIGGEST SCRUB IN THE WORLD BECAUSE I DON'T CHARGE FOR SOME OF MY LAWN SERVICE I GIVE IT FREE TO HELP THAT WAY I GIVE BACK AND HELP OTHER PEOPLE THAT HAVE LESS THAN I DO

7. JRLAWN

JRLAWN LawnSite Member

AND HERES ONE FOR ALL THE BIG LAWN SERVICES I HAVE JUST BEEN DOING THIS KIND OF WORK FOR 15 YEARS LOOK DOWN THE STREET SEE THE LITTLE OLD LADY THAT HAS NO FAMILY THAT GETS 400.00 S.S AND HAS TO PICK THIS MONTH DO I BUY FOOD OR MY Rx. go and charge her 40-45 per cut God will be watching you. thats all of my 2 cents worth.

8. Charles

Charles Moderator, Friend, Angel

Some of you have a such a simplistic earthly view Of GOd. I don't think God will judge people on how much they charge for their services &quot;gas station owner u charged to much for that gallon of gas u going to hell for that&quot; &quot;grocery store manager you chargeg too much for that loaf of bread you going to hell too&quot; Nor do I think God will send me to hell for charging too little which most of us do. I don't think God even cares about money. I do think God wants you to provide for your family. But some of you seem to live with your mamas or let you wife support you. Or in some parts of the country you live with your sister and a sheep(we want even go there). Some of you are soo gulible. Seniors are notorious for poor mouthing. They are experts at that. I get poor mouthed all the time by them. But the next time you see them they have went out and bought a new car or a new expensive toy. But some of them rarely even spend their money on anything but nessecities. Thinking they are going to take it with them after they die. But some of them are genuinely poor. But what kinda way to run a business is trying to judge people on how much money they have? Unless you search their house or see their bank statements you just never really know. You are not as a christian even suppose to judge people at all. Especially for the way they dress or look. And oh yes we all are getting sinfully rich lol. How many lawn service companies do you see on the fortune 500 list? The millionaire list? How many parents tell their daughter to go out and find themselves a good lawn maintenance man? Ever try to pick up a girl telling her you are a landscaper? I try to run my lawn service a business not a religious orginization. I think senoirs appreciate that I treat them equally. Not as some pathetic poor losers who need charity. Let me that during this long drought. I have found that most of my customers have no sympathy for the fact that i havent been to cut their grass for over a month. They could care less if i have any money to pay my bills. Nor do i expect them too. Seniors were the first to call me when it got a little dry and tell me not to come. No matter that some of them were paying the least. Because this is a BUSINESS relatioship. I don't want any charity either. Oh yes and Jesus said we should pay our taxes, but alot of you out there don't do that.<p><p><p><br><p><font size="1">Edited by: Charles

9. Toroguy

Toroguy LawnSite Bronze Member

Before God created the world with grass for us to mow, there was nothing? Where did God come from, did he create himself? There are many questions to ask God come judgement day, for him to criticize your behavior.<p>This is buisness, not church

10. maybe the tooth fairy or santa will come to<br>my rescue.<p>Religion is the opiate of the masses.<p>Get real dude these seniors have all the wealth. Get some of it b/4 they die b/4 they<br>pass it on to some loser drug addicted nephew who will piss it away in a year.