1. Is Landscaping An “Essential Business” In Your Region?
    Read the timely article from Turf addressing this question. Click here to learn more.

COVID-19 Safety Procedures For Landscapers
    As you are working out in the field, maximize safety for you, your crews, and customers. Click here to learn more.

Dismiss Notice

Take the scrub test

Discussion in 'Lawn Mowing' started by lawrence stone, Jun 23, 2000.

1. JRLAWN

JRLAWN LawnSite Member

will i'am past middle age my lawn service has done very will it's time i give a little back for all the commercial contracts that i have on going for over 14 years and they total over 100 with about 150 homes<p>----------<br>RICHARD<br>HICKMAN

2. Charles

Charles Moderator, Friend, Angel

Well JRLawn, I am glad you can afford to do that. But alot of us can't. Why didnt you just say that in a professional manner like you just did? Instead of implying that some of us were less than christain because we didn't. This is why we should have seperation of church and state and maybe church and lawn business

3. parkwest

parkwest LawnSite Senior Member

Stone<p>I love your post here. <p>How about...A scrub is someone who thinks the owners salary comes out of the profit margin.

4. JRLAWN

JRLAWN LawnSite Member

THANKS FOR THE KIND WORDS BUT JUST LET ME SAY THE WAY THE WORLD IS GOING WE TOOK TO MUCH CHURCH OUT OF THE GOVERMENT

5. Charles

Charles Moderator, Friend, Angel

tell that to the iranian people who are fighting for their freedom. The taliban women who cant even keep their jobs etc What if one day a muslim was elected prez of our country? And he said we all have to believe the way he does and 1 billion other muslims do. What if a muslim is the principle of a school and said thier way of life will be taught in schools? Hate to break this to you man. But christians are a minority in this world. This is my absolute last post on this subject(this week). What is Stone were elected prez and we all had to cut grazz with toros :)<br>Scrub(gulible)<br><p><font size="1">Edited by: Charles

6. jaclawn

jaclawn LawnSite Senior Member

... if your helper rides on your ZTR, while on the trailer en route to your next job-you might be a scrub. (don't laugh, saw it today).

7. crew

crew LawnSite Member

You may be......<br>If your hazardous material spill kit is a box of maxipads<br> or <br>your haz. mat. kit is a set of stolen plates for your truck (or van....)<br> or <br>youve chosen to spray barefoot so your shoes dont get all stinky<br> or you mow so all your striping points to Mecca......<p> Scrub.

8. Guido

Guido LawnSite Silver Member

If god is your Green Industry Consultant on pricing jobs! Don't get me wrong, I believe in God, even make it to church once and a while, but I see that to many people you God's name here to stick up for them after posting some stupid stuff. Leave him outta this! It's not his fault your having problems.<p>----------<br>&lt;a href=&quot;http://communities.msn.com/guidosequipmentpics/&quot;&gt;&quot;Guido&quot;&lt;/a&gt;<br>David M. Famiglietti

9. thelawnguy

thelawnguy LawnSite Silver Member

If you have a plastic Jesus mounted to your mower, youre probably a scrub.<p>Bill

10. Toroguy

Toroguy LawnSite Bronze Member

Brass would be more respectful...<br><p><font size="1">Edited by: toroguy