1. Missed the live Ask the Expert event?
    Catch up on the conversation with Ken Hutcheson, President of U.S. Lawns, in the Franchising forum.

Dismiss Notice

Takeuchi fuel pump

Discussion in 'Heavy Equipment & Pavement' started by swanny, Jul 8, 2014.

1. swanny

swanny LawnSite Senior Member

I went in last Thursday chasing after a fuel pump for the Tl150 at the dealer (had to go for other parts too), and found out they list it for around $450, he punched some magic numbers and I walked out paying $267 instead. Got home and looked on Ebay and this is the EXACT same pump for $39.99 shipped:

http://www.ebay.com/itm/12V-Fuel-Pu...Parts_Accessories&hash=item2c76836bf2&vxp=mtr

Ordered Sat. and it was here yesterday (Monday). Went back to Tak dealer to return new pump today. Manager tells me I made a mistake buying a knock off as in "it won't last". I tell him it's the exact same pump in the brand new machines on his lot as I opened the gates to confirm.

He still somehow insists I made a $40 mistake. :)

I think this is a moral dilemma - no different than me charging the Gov't $500 for a hammer. FRAUD. :(

2. stuvecorp

stuvecorp LawnSite Fanatic

You can replace it a couple times for the savings...

On a side note, you sold that little Takkie? Looking for a 120 or 220.
    Posted via Mobile Device

3. swanny

I haven't had a TL120 in a while now. I saw one last month in Washington or Oregon that had a hundred or so hours on it, open cab for $20k. Didn't last long.

Miss that size, but had been running a little Gehl 3625 with cheap OTT auction tracks on it for the small stuff. Too bad they don't make a VTS system to fit it.

[​IMG]

If I see one I'll forward the info. to you.

4. 74inchShovel

74inchShovel LawnSite Member

I ran into the same thing with my tak excavator. NAPA sells a pump diesel specific that I have about 7 years on. A little retro fit, but in the future if there is a problem the part is at most stores, no need to wait. I think it was like 60.00 or so.

5. swanny

I did the same thing to get it running over the weekend with a diesel pump from Advanced Auto that I had sitting on the shelf for a year in case one gave up the ghost during a snow storm or something. It bolted right up, no modifications. I think the flow rate is twice the gpm of the oem pump too.