Takeuchi TL 130 Roller

SunriseGardens

LawnSite Member
Last Fall I crushed a worn roller at a job site (It still rolls), anyway its winter and time to get ready for spring. My Tak dealer wants $400.00 for a new roller plus shipping (I live 1.5 hr away) it will be around $430.00. So, on Ebay there are some other options for $215 to $260 shipping included, I assume that this is Chinese junk, one company was saying that they have a superior Korean made product for a little more. Since when was Korean superior? Anyway, has anyone used any of this stuff?
Does is hold up ok, or am I better off spending the extra $200.00

Thanks Adam

ksss

LawnSite Fanatic
Last Fall I crushed a worn roller at a job site (It still rolls), anyway its winter and time to get ready for spring. My Tak dealer wants $400.00 for a new roller plus shipping (I live 1.5 hr away) it will be around $430.00. So, on Ebay there are some other options for $215 to $260 shipping included, I assume that this is Chinese junk, one company was saying that they have a superior Korean made product for a little more. Since when was Korean superior? Anyway, has anyone used any of this stuff?
Does is hold up ok, or am I better off spending the extra $200.00

Thanks Adam
There is a large track oem that comes out of Korea. I would not discount the Korean part without investigating the manufacturer fist. I think CAT bought out one of those track OEM there as well. Korea makes some quality products, I dont lump them into the same pile as Chinese made componenets.

Dirtman2007

LawnSite Platinum Member
never again buying after market anything on my TL150 Im on my 5th freaking set of tracks at 1900hrs because they suck! Granted I got a new set after a replacement set failed at 150 hrs! the machines just too strong for after market tracks. I'm not so sure about the rollers tho? they dont take the beating like a track and you have 5 on each side

OP
S

SunriseGardens

LawnSite Member
how are the tak machines anyway?
I bought a 2002 TL 130 with 2000 hrs. It will lift a pallet of brick off of my deck over trailer, I think that it has good balance, awesome traction, I really have come to prefer the pilot controls, It is a nice simple tough machine that I can depend on. It is the only machine that I have, so I have to depend on it.
I have operated bobcat, cat, case, and deere in the past when working for other people. I don't think that I could have done better for power in such a small package 5.5' wide - which also comes in handy.

Well I guess I could have done better with a newer Tak, but I buy what I can afford and avoid payments just in case the money stops coming in.

Adam