1. Missed the live Ask the Expert event?
    Catch up on the conversation with Ken Hutcheson, President of U.S. Lawns, in the Franchising forum.

Dismiss Notice

Takeuchi TL120 with mulching head

Discussion in 'Heavy Equipment & Pavement' started by swanny, Oct 24, 2012.

1. swanny

swanny LawnSite Senior Member

Ah, it's got my custom lexan cab and heat (antifreeze), a little over 100 hrs, no quick attach (but easy to add)....eyeing up a flat even trade for the case, eh? :)

2. stuvecorp

stuvecorp LawnSite Fanatic

The thought did cross my mind but don't think you could stand all the benjis that would have to be thrown in...:)

I do like that size machine and think it could be very useful for the 'small' skid.

3. 4 seasons lawn&land

4 seasons lawn&land LawnSite Gold Member
    from NY

Ive thought about someday when I have more work to justify it, trading my tak 120 for a 150 and a dingo but I think Id miss it. The size seems to be perfect for many situations.

4. muddywater

muddywater LawnSite Bronze Member

I use a 140 and dingos. I had a 150, but that thing is just too big and too heavy. We hauled the tl150 on a chevy 5500 and as my crew followed me to the job, I remember looking in the rear view mirror and hoping the damn truck wouldn't flip over making tight turns.

5. swanny

6. fire126

fire126 LawnSite Member

We mow a lot of wooded areas. we have cats with tracks and fecon mower heads. They do a great job. On larger clearing jobs we use the mower first then follow up with chain saws and a grapple bucket. We chip sometimes and we use burn piles. BUSH0004.jpg

BUSH0018.jpg

BUSH0009.jpg

BUSH0004.jpg

BUSH0018.jpg

BUSH0009.jpg

7. KrayzKajun

KrayzKajun LawnSite Fanatic

Man those cats with the fecons are sweet.
    Posted via Mobile Device

8. fire126

fire126 LawnSite Member

We are very happy with them. We three 287 and two 297 all with high flow hyd. I lost one 287 when one of my guys stalled it dumping a load of brush in a burn pile and could not start it and baled out. I tried pushing it away from the fire with another machine with a fecon head but no luck. BUSH0154.jpg

BUSH0154.jpg

9. swanny

Do you have any issues with overheating in those CATS?

That's a crispy CAT if I ever saw one. Really a shame.

10. fire126

fire126 LawnSite Member

I have had them over heat a few times. But the temps were high and and you need to blow out the radiator more often depending on what you are mowing. The machine that burned was only 2 years old.