• How has the weather been in your neck of the woods?
    We are looking for feedback from our membership to see how/what the weather has been like in your area. Please Click here to take our Winter Weather Survey, we would appreciate it.

Taking competitor's acct for more $

danno

LawnSite Member
We always hear about people losing an account to a competitor for less money, how about taking one away for more money! Just did that today. Did a spring cleanup for $1700 and picking up a year contract for $700/month (4 man hours/week). Plenty of extra work there in the landscaping side also. Previous lco was not listening to the customers requests. Anyone else have any good experiences?

tiedeman

LawnSite Fanatic
yup, many of times I have picked up accounts for more money just because we provide them with more personal attention and we can get their requests done quicker

Envy Lawn Service

LawnSite Fanatic
That's the kind of customers I like to get. They APPRECIATE personal service, attention to detail and hard work you do for them. And they don't mind to pay a PREMIUM for it!

Just make sure you keep your ears on :alien:

bastalker

LawnSite Senior Member
I have gotten 20% of my customers this way. The customer is tired of the old lco, an lives by a customer we service. They like the striping we do, and the way the lawn looks when we are done. They give me a call..... I have been as much as $40 over what the old lco charged, an have still locked up the account.

AMAC

LawnSite Member
People love to get someone that will do the job right. It sounds like you are. keep it up.