• CA Lessons: Landscaping To Reduce Wildfire Risk
    While there are no ways to fireproof a property, there are strategies to design and maintain landscapes for reduced vulnerability. Click here to learn more.

Taking Credit cards for payment

kevinlane

LawnSite Senior Member
Anyone know how to set up credit card acceptance in the business? I currently only take checks and cash. However I would like take credit cards.

nick-bigfootlawn

LawnSite Member
You can go through QuickBooks, or pretty much any merchant. They will try to sell you a terminal, but all you need is the ability for online credit card payment entry. I'd consult QuickBooks first and then go from there.

echeandia

LawnSite Bronze Member
Go to your bank and tell them you want to set up a merchant account. I'm not sure that accepting credit cards is cost effective. Your bank will have all the info.

OP
kevinlane

kevinlane

LawnSite Senior Member
The Bank is a good idea, I'll check into that, thanks Echeandia. How would I do a Monthly debit, Bigray?

Albery's Lawn & Tractor

LawnSite Bronze Member
Personally I think paypal is the better way to go. Your only fee is 3% per transaction (from what I remember). I currently use quickbooks merchant simply b/c thats who I use to do my billing but it's become too expensive ($40 per month plus a transaction %). I'll be canceling that real soon.

MeadowsLawnCare

LawnSite Member
paypal is amazingly easy to setup, you can also take echecks, and bank transfers as well as paypal. Its 1.9-2.9% per transaction WITH NO MONTHLY FEES. For an additional $20 month you can take cc over the phone and in person. Paypal is designed for smaller businesses as well as large, I highly recommend it!