Lawn Care Forum banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

· Registered
850 Posts
If your Metro is like mine and my other belt drives here's the basic procedure:

Jack rear frame up so that your tires are off the ground.
Remove side drive belt cover.
Disconnect your handle/lever from brake so that the rod is hanging by the handle.
Take tension off of the large spring located towards the lower back of frame connected to drive belt pulley.
Spin your belts off of your driveline, hopefully you can do this, I have on all of mine. Pull on your belts while turning the tire to remove them.
Remove any mechanism that is guiding the belts onto the rim (kind of hard to explain)
Depending on which side tire you are on, you will probably have a nut or a snap pin or snap ring holding your rim on. Remove whichever one you run into.
Your rim should pull right off.

Hopefully I explained this well enough for you to understand, if you need clarification or have any other questions please ask. Good Luck

· Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Thanks for your helpful response! I will remove all the belts and try again. I saw the wheel has a c-ring that I removed to see if the wheel would at least tend to slide off (though with the brake & drive belts still on) but it seemed pretty firm -- that made me come here and ask.
THANKS!

· Registered
1,346 Posts
Like DT said - there's often a little guide/scraper that fits down in the groove of the wheel pulley - where the belt goes around the wheel. You may need to loosen these or turn them so they don't restrict the removal. With all else removed, these can prevent the wheel from coming off - and be a bit puzzling to figure out why the wheel is not coming off.

· Registered
850 Posts
Thanks for your helpful response! I will remove all the belts and try again. I saw the wheel has a c-ring that I removed to see if the wheel would at least tend to slide off (though with the brake & drive belts still on) but it seemed pretty firm -- that made me come here and ask.
THANKS!
Taking the snap ring off is the hardest part, so you're good to go haha. Glad to help

1 - 8 of 8 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.