Taken from another message board but appropriate since most of us use cordless drills in our business. be safe Hello Friends: Very seldom do I ever post. I usualy just sit back and learn from all the great post's here but felt the need to let this be heard. Tonight while working out in the back yard my 11 year old comes out said (dad the power went off in my room) So I go check out the situation and couldnt find anything wrong. Went to basement to reset breaker and it tripped/wouldnt reset so now I figure theres a problem. As I headed to the garage I see a glow coming from inside (Holy crap fire on the workbench!!! Anyways fire's out minimal smoke/fire damage. A Dewalt Cordless Drill that was charging in the case on the workbench caused the fire. Further investigation has revealed all kinds of interesting articles on this very subject and in fact We have the very same drill listed here http://www.cpsc.gov/cpscpub/prerel/prhtml01/01057.html I lost count how many times we left this thing plugged in overnight at that. BE Safe and Happy Cleaning.