Talk To Me Goose

CraigPLC

LawnSite Member
My equipment was stolen so I have to buy some used equipment to get back on my feet. It's a beach, but I am currently cutting all my customers with my Toro 21". You haven't mowed a lawn until you mowed 2-acres with a 21".

OK... I have two mowers being offered to me. Both are eXmark. First one is a eXmark Navigator, year??? 48" deck, has 589-hours, Grass Collection system works, runs good. Price $2750. Second mower is a Lazer Z E=Series. Again 48" deck, 278-hours, 2010 Model, hydro are loud, price $3200. Which one/

OP
CraigPLC

CraigPLC

LawnSite Member
I cut High-End Lake Fronts, Suburban Lots, and Rural Country Homes with lots of land. 5-acres is my biggest. I know the owners of both, and both are well maintained.

Brules

LawnSite Senior Member
Have you thought about doing a lease since the season is half over? Conserve your cash.....?

John Deere does them, some others might as well. Just a thought.

Patriot Services

LawnSite Fanatic
Pfft! USA is sooooo cheap compared to here! Buy both
Posted via Mobile Device

Not to go political on you, but you do live in a country with a ton of liberal social programs. Don't bother with a Florida comment either. I spent 20 years a bridge away from Ft Erie. Why buy a money pit with the worn out hydros?
Posted via Mobile Device

xstatikplus

LawnSite Senior Member
Not to go political on you, but you do live in a country with a ton of liberal social programs. Don't bother with a Florida comment either. I spent 20 years a bridge away from Ft Erie. Why buy a money pit with the worn out hydros?
Posted via Mobile Device

Florida comment? Why so defensive? I merely stated prices are way cheaper south of the border. Worn out hydros with that little hours is unlikely. Sure neither are new machines but price is way way low and for the amount of hours you'd be looking at double the price around here if not more. And just an FYI thing I highly doubt the extra taxes that get tacked on to a new mower I buy ever makes it into say health care. Just saying.
Posted via Mobile Device

Patriot Services

LawnSite Fanatic
Florida comment? Why so defensive? I merely stated prices are way cheaper south of the border. Worn out hydros with that little hours is unlikely. Sure neither are new machines but price is way way low and for the amount of hours you'd be looking at double the price around here if not more. And just an FYI thing I highly doubt the extra taxes that get tacked on to a new mower I buy ever makes it into say health care. Just saying.
Posted via Mobile Device

OP stated the hydros were loud. Loud equals wear. No hydro parts are cheap. One worn hydro part is usually followed by the rest of the system from contamination. I agree 13% sales tax is insane.
Posted via Mobile Device

Top Forums